cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Displaying multiple monitors from host on remote PC

I am trying out GoToMyPC; I have dual monitors on my host PC. While I can access both monitors from my remote computer, I cannot get both displays to appear simultaneously on my remote PC (with two monitors) by pressing SHIFT while clicking the FULL SCREEN button or menu item. Nothing happens.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Active Contributor

Re: Displaying multiple monitors from host on remote PC

Adjusting the resolution of both remote monitors to be equal resolved the issue; multi-monitor support is working. Thank you for your guidance.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Bob,
Sorry for any confusion there.  What you're attempting to do is quite common within the GoToMyPC community.  However, it's important to take into account the size and resolution differences between the Host monitors and your Remote Client monitors.  Could you check the following info please?
1.  Physical size of each monitor
2.  Connection type, and whether there's an adapter or docking station
3.  The resolution settings for the 4 displays

Active Contributor

I don't understand the purpose of those checks you've requested: my setup works just fine for Teamviewer & LogMeIn with multiple monitors on both ends.

If you can be more specific about what you suspect might be the issue, that might help.
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Bob,

Are the monitors arranged in a staggered manner or are they setup to be level with each other, across the top? The maximize across both screens will usually fail if the monitors are not level with each other. For example, we want to make sure they are level across the top in the display/resolution settings as shown here:

Active Contributor

Both monitors are level at the top edge, so that is not the issue. The one other thing I will double check is resolution - the host monitors are the same resolution, but I believe the remote monitors are different.
Active Contributor

Adjusting the resolution of both remote monitors to be equal resolved the issue; multi-monitor support is working. Thank you for your guidance.

View solution in original post

New Contributor

I am having the same issue. The resolution are the same on all 4 screens. I am using a port replica  on my laptop to connect external screens. I have also tried plugging one monitor into laptop.  The results are the same. When holding shift key and clicking full screen.

Thanks

LogMeIn Contributor

@Anon121354  Can you specify what devices are in use there, such as the PC, display hardware, as well as the display settings that you've matched together?