cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Frustrating login process with new not robot verification

Why do we now have to prove we are not robots?  We enter login information and then it checks browser and then you have to login again.  Not happy with this change.

Jim

2 REPLIES 2
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Frustrating login process with new not robot verification

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the frustrations there.  The security checkpoint is to ensure all GoToMyPC customer data remains private, and restricts anyone trying to hack into an account externally.   Have you considered making a desktop shortcut to your GoToMyPC Host computer to bypass the website all together?

New Contributor

Re: Frustrating login process with new not robot verification

I understand that you want to protect your customers but having them login twice is not a reasonable solution in my opinion.  Other companies are not using this.  My users are required to use two factor authentication (2FA) so they now have to log in twice on the web page, enter a code they get on their phone to see their list of comupters,  enter an access code when they try to connect to a computer and then have to enter their AD credentials to log into the PC.   Sometimes too much security is simply too much.  

Having 2FA enabled should negate some of the other security requirements.  For example, there's no way to get rid of the access code requirement even though we already know they are properly authenticated because they passed the 2FA challenge.  Surely you guys can come up with a better way of handling this?

We have been with GMPC for over 10 years but are now actively seeking an alternative product for remote access that does not have these limitations in configurability.

Thanks,

Les