cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John7111
New Contributor

Full Screen on Mac Viewer (Host PC) exits Full Screen when the window becomes Inactive, Is there a way to prevent this?

When I have the viewer in MacOS(10.12.3) Full-Screen Mode and GoToMyPC Full-Screen Mode, the window will go immediately back to window mode when the window goes inactive, even if in MacOS Full-Screen mode on a separate monitor.  Is there a setting or combination of settings that will fix this?

Host computer is Windows 7 Pro PC.  I have tried almost all combinations of Viewer Preferences as set on the host computer (Start in Full-Screen Mode, Show host screen Actual size, Dim viewer when inactive checked/not checked). It doesn't seem to make a difference.  I see no way to change setting on view "app" on the remote Mac.

9 REPLIES 9
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Full Screen on Mac Viewer (Host PC) exits Full Screen when the window becomes Inactive, Is there a way to prevent this?

Hi John,
I'm sorry about that.  The GoToMyPC behavior is to exit full screen and eventually disconnect if there's been no activity for a certain period of time.  One suggestion I have is to click every so often into the GoToMyPC viewer window to keep it active, and in full screen view-- depending on when the timeout / exit full screen point is.

John7111
New Contributor

Re: Full Screen on Mac Viewer (Host PC) exits Full Screen when the window becomes Inactive, Is there a way to prevent this?

Actually I don't mind that it disconnects after a period of inactivity, which seems to be what you are providing a solution for.  I am referring to the full-screen mode immediately exiting into window mode if you click on any other window in any other MacOS "space" - even if its a completely different monitor.  This is, as far as I can tell, completely unnecessary.  It should remain full screen until you click the "Exit Full Screen" button.  Thoughts?
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi John,
Does this behavior exhibit with any other applications?  Do you know how the second monitor is connected currently?

John7111
New Contributor

No, other applications handle this just fine.  For example, if you make a video full-screen and then make a different window active (say on a second monitor or separate MacOS space), the video will still be full-screen the whole time.  Not so with the GoToMyPC Viewer, it always exits full screen mode, immediately, and annoyingly.
John7111
New Contributor

Also the second monitor is connected via USB-C/Thunderbolt to HDMI, but this seems very much irrelevant to this issue - it is the same issue with no external monitor and switching MacOS spaces.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi John,
We did some testing, and this behavior appears normal on all Mac systems.  I apologize if this inconveniences you in, and as an alternative workaround, you might try stretching the GoToMyPC client viewer instead of maximizing.

ChrisUlrich
New Contributor

I am also having the same problem.  It isn't "normal behavior" on a Mac - other apps do not do this.  I've opened other apps full screen (MS Office, browsers, etc) on a second screen AND on virtual desktops, leave that screen or virtual desktop and return and it is full screen.

It is only a bug in GoToMyPC that causes it to exit full screen mode by itself when it loses focus.

Can you fix this and give us an ETA?
pmg20
New Contributor
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Any Update on this issue?

@pmg20  Which operating systems are you using for Client + Host PC?