cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J.1
Active Contributor

Gotomypc session freezes when users get Teams calls

Multiple users at my company have reported for some time that their Gotomypc sessions lock up when they get a Teams message or an incoming Teams call.  They have to kill their Gotomypc connection and log back in, at which point things perform normally for a while, but often freeze up again after a Teams notification.  Several of them have tried turning their sound preferences down to 'use low quality sound when my session starts', but it doesn't make much difference. They don't want to turn their sound off entirely because more than a few of them need to listen to Bloomberg Radio or streaming content from their host computers. How do we get their Gotomypc sessions to stop locking?

Users are running Gotomypc version 11.2.3001

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Gotomypc session freezes when users get Teams calls

@J.1  Could you please confirm the GoToMyPC software version on the Host PCs?   They should be up to V11.4 currently: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomypc/help/whats-new-in-gotomypc-1132214781

Once this is confirmed, are the affected users able to check with the PC's manufacturer website for any audio driver updates there?

J.1
Active Contributor

They're up to 11.4.3068. We have gotomypc set to auto update.

Audio driver updates did not help- well, they helped one user, but several of our other users have continued to get freezes and it has only gotten worse since January.

I have opened tickets about this and am not currently very happy. The most recent tech sent me a link that was supposed to lay out how to send Gotomypc log files and instead only sent me to an error message.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@J.1  Can you try this log file link from one of the affected Windows Host machines?  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/downloaddocument/gotologfiles-windows-g2md00267

-- In theory it should pull anything 'GoTo' related from the system.