cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

HOST COMPUTER LOCKS UP - ONLY SOLUTION EXIT GOTOMYPC LOG BACK IN.

My host computer consistently locks up when I remotely access it.  I have to log out of GoToMyPC and log back in so to access the host computer - unfreeze the mouse etc.   I recently upgraded my internet speed on both the host and a remote computer with Comcast, and it did nothing to rectify the issue.  Both computers have virus protection, and both computers have no issue running smoothly separately.   The problem is that when I use GoToMyPC I can access my host computer for 5 minutes to 30 minutes before it locks up (mouse no longer moves), and I have to log out and log back into GoToMyPC to unlock the freeze that FYI works immediately.  Most of the time I do not receive any error message.  Once in a while I will get an error message that the host computer internet is down which is odd because an employee that works in the office will inform me that they had no experience of the internet ever being down.  

HOST - Google Chrome - Windows 7 Home Premium
REMOVE - Internet explorer - Windows Pro 10
3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Manager

Re: HOST COMPUTER LOCKS UP - ONLY SOLUTION EXIT GOTOMYPC LOG BACK IN.

Hi Maria,

The first thing I would have you do is run our connection wizard on your Host PC: https://www.gotomypc.com/wizard If the issue continues we may need to gather some log files to review.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Did you find a solution to this? I have  very similar problem with similar symptoms. I logged into the GotomyPC Host and dragged a file across to the remote desktop after which I apparently had no screen update. I tried ctl alt del and launch Task Manager but saw nothing happening. I followed the advice above and logged out and back in again to find that all the commands I had entered had been successful but the remote screen had not been updated. This looks like a repeatable problem and obviously recoverable if annoying.

LogMeIn Contributor

@bijouorme  Sorry about that.

What operating system is the Host computer running?

When was the last time this Host was rebooted?

Can you also confirm the GoToMyPC build installed there?