cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick2111
New Contributor

Host PC Locks When Mouse is Moved

Host PC Locks When Mouse is Moved.

My user can connect to gotomypc, gets into his host computer (Win10 x64), and can use the keyboard.  However, once he moves the mouse, the host PC returns to the Windows 10 lock screen.  If he unlocks the host PC, he's fine until he tries to move the mouse.. then back to lock screen.

Connecting to other host PCs is fine via his account, no problems.  Connecting from multiple different guests get the same result when connecting to the host in question, though.
8 REPLIES 8
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Host PC Locks When Mouse is Moved

Hi Nick,
I am truly sorry about that.
Has this functionality worked previously on the Win10 Host computer? 
If so, could you confirm what build is installed there by selecting the 'About' option from the taskbar icon?

Nick2111
New Contributor

9.5 (2199)

I'm unsure if the user was able to successfully connect before-- he's in a meeting at the moment.
Michael16
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Nick, I would be interested in downgrading the host to an earlier version of GoToMyPC as a test. I've marked this thread as private: do you have the email address for the affected account?

Are you aware of any other changes made to the computer since the last time they were able to use GoToMyPC without issue?
Nick2111
New Contributor

I posted the user's address but this doesn't seem to mask it-- are you sure it's marked private ? (I checked in an incognito mode window)

While i was writing this initial post, I had called into customer svc and they suggested uninstalling and reinstalling.  If you want to downgrade the version before I reinstall, that'd be great.  I'm planning on reinstalling either later today or tomorrow morning.
Michael16

I'm sorry about that; the thread is now private. The email won't get masked, but now this thread is not available to the public. I'd prefer to assign the current host to an older build and downgrade the existing installation. Once I assign the older version to the existing host, when you "Check for Updates", GoToMyPC will think the older version is newer, and prompt you to upgrade.
Nick2111
New Contributor

Ok, yes, now I see it as private.

hpfleger@creditsights.com
Michael16

I've set the host to downgrade upon the next check for upgrades. Please let us know once you have any updates.
Nick2111
New Contributor

Looking better now after downgrade and reboot