cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimPendleton
New Contributor

Host: Windows Server 2012

Hi there,

For my business, because we work from home, we run remote desk tops on Windows Server 2012. 

One of my employees has a Macbook, and cannot access the remote desk top using the MAC version of remote desktop.

So, instead, I installed go to my pc on the remote desktop, and added it as a host device.

Then using my own laptop, I tried to connect to connect to this device via gotomypc

When I connect using gotomypc, it shows me a "lock screen" - here https://www.screencast.com/t/j2suZDYpzsa

There was an option to enter the credentials that I normally use when accessing the desk top via windows remote desk top connection, but when I enter these, the screen stays like the above.

It says in the top of the screen hit ctrl + alt + del to continue, but this doesn't work - whether i use the keyboard or send the command from the menu.

The screen I usually see when I log in via a normal remote desk top (rather than gotomypc) looks like this https://www.screencast.com/t/omsdSpnu3Vkl

It seems that I am connecting to the server, but maybe I am not seeing the screen of my user account. 

I contacted my technical support who provides the remote desk top, and he says that because there are no issues connecting the traditional way using remote desk top connection, then it must be an issue with gotomypc. So I should ask for help from Gotomypc support.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
Tim

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Host: Windows Server 2012

Hi Tim,

Does this 2012 server have a display physically attacked to it when you attempt to make the remote G2P connection? 

TimPendleton
New Contributor

Hi Ash, thanks for your reply.

No there is no display attached so far as I know. It's rented server space.

In my experience, there is no need to have a display attached to a machine for gotomypc to work OK.

Thank you,
Tim

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@TimPendleton  I'm afraid the technology was built for desktop hosts with monitors physically attached.  Though, if you have a display cord attached to indicate the presence of an external monitor then you may be able to fool the desktop screen for GoToMyPC to capture.