cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Active Contributor

Host computer loses internet connection

Hi.  I transfer folders of images between my office (host) computer and my home computer on a regular basis.  The transfers go both ways.  Lately, during a transfer, the host computer will become unavailable.  I drive to the office and find that the internet connection has been lost on the host computer and the solution is to turn off and on the cable modem.  This happens probably every third of fourth time I do transfers.  Both computers have the latest releases of Windows 10. Is the problem with my internet provider for the host computer?  With the cable modem? With GoToMyPc? With my office or home computer?  How to I track down this problem and fix it.  Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Host computer loses internet connection

Hi there,
Yes, that definitely sounds like some sort of overload on the modem/router end, as GoToMyPC doesn't have any effect on the internet connection its self.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thanks!  I'll investigate further.
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Could Norton Security cause the loss of the internet connection?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Yes, Norton could be making decisions in the background without notifying the logged in user.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thanks.  It looks like we need to switch from wi-fi to a cable to our router and maybe upgrade our upload speeds with our ISP.