cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

How do I use my f1-f12 keys on the remote computer it keeps using he functions from host pc.

Quick Question probably easy answer.. How do I use my f1-f12 keys on the computer I am re-moting into?  When I try it keeps using he functions from the pc I am re-moting in from?
8 REPLIES 8
New Contributor

Re: How do I use my f1-f12 keys on the remote computer it keeps using he functions from host pc.

Even more specific I need F3 function to work on pc I am re-moting into.. it is currently adjusting my volume on the pc I am physically using.
New Contributor

Re: How do I use my f1-f12 keys on the remote computer it keeps using he functions from host pc.

Hello Erik,

When connected to your host computer, there is an option that can be enabled in the GoToMyPC Preferences that will "Send Windows Keys to Host." You may enable this feature by following the steps below.
  1. Right click on the MYPC icon in your system tray (on your host)
  2. Select Preferences
  3. Click the Viewer tab
  4. Check Pass Windows keys to host computer
  5. Click OK
Changing this setting in your GoToMyPC Preferences should allow you to send Function keys to your host.

New Contributor

I am having the same issue. When I go to the host computer, Logmein preferences, there is no 'viewer' tab. Is there another place the 'pass thru' option could be hiding?

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @kmkoury ,

Sorry for any confusion there. Would you be able to specify what operating system is in use on both ends?

New Contributor

I am using widows 10 pro at the host machine and windows 10 home on the client machine. 

LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks, would you also be able to screen capture the Host Preferences window, Viewer tab?

And then please also confirm the endpoint software version installed there.

New Contributor

LOGMEIN1.JPG

LOGMEIN.JPG

LogMeIn Contributor

OK @kmkoury , it looks like you're using LogMeIn Pro there, which has a different set up than GoToMyPC... 

If both computers are using Windows, and you're sending basic function keys like F5, then it should work by default. Have you tested this from an alternate client PC to confirm?