cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

I can log in but can't connect to any of my PCs. But only from this network. It works fine elsewhere. Anythinng I can do to unblock this?

I'm on a hospital network.  I can log into GoToMyPC but when trying to access any of my computers I get to the "waiting for client computer to connect" and after waiting for a bit always get this message: GoToMyPC has encountered a problem and needs to end this session.  Please try to re-connect to <pc name>. 

Everything works fine from  other networks.  Anything I can try here?
10 REPLIES 10
New Contributor

Re: I can log in but can't connect to any of my PCs. But only from this network. It works fine elsewhere. Anythinng I can do to unblock this?

To clarify with the same PC (laptop) I can access my PCs via GoToMyPC from home, Starbucks or wherever.  So it's not the laptop or its firewall.  And I  can log into GoToMyPC so that site is not being blocked.  But I can't get the final step to work to any of my PCs ever from this network. Anyway around this?
New Contributor

Re: I can log in but can't connect to any of my PCs. But only from this network. It works fine elsewhere. Anythinng I can do to unblock this?

So what about the  5-minute reply promise?
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Ray,
Sorry about the delay.
Unfortunately it sounds like the hospital network may have limitations on free traffic through its firewall.  While we do have documents that fully cover this for network admins, I'm not sure you'll be able to make a change on a network that large immediately:  https://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/GoToMyPC/help_files/GTC11000

New Contributor

Ash,

Thanks for your reply. that's what I suspected but since I've been able to email freely and other actions I was hoping there was some setting that might help but pretty much expected what you confirmed.

Ray
New Contributor

Re: I can log in but can't connect to any of my PCs. But only from this network. It works fine els

Hello -

Having almost the same issue here. When I am at work, from my laptop, i can connect to my host pc with no problem. When I am away from work, using the same laptop, I am able to connect to the host pc (i.e., i'll be "in session"), but my log-in profile is not available.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you.

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: I can log in but can't connect to any of my PCs. But only from this network. It works fine els

Hello @mariloudeang ,

When you say your "log-in prifile is not available", does that mean GoToMyPC makes the desktop connection, but Microsoft shows you some screen other than the User Login window?

New Contributor

Hi @AshC ,

Yes to getting connected to host PC and Microsoft just shows my login name but not the box where I could type my password. 

One thing I failed to mention, I keep my host PC's screen off when I leave work. Yesterday, I had somebody at work turn the screen On, and then it worked! The box for password entry showed up., soI was able to work remotely Smiley Happy Seems like I have to keep the monitor on for me to be able to login to Microsoft.

Puzzling though is I've always left my monitor at work off and never had this problem until recently. Is there something in the setting that I needed to change?

Appreciate your input.

LogMeIn Contributor

@mariloudeang  I will research if any GoToMyPC changes were made, if you could confirm the software build installed on the Host PC. 

Have you considered the GoToMyPC Preference:  Security tab::  Blank out screen while connected  ?

New Contributor

Hello - @AshC ...

Host PC has Windows 10 Pro.

Gotomypc prferences is set to blank out screen while connected.

I figured out, if I haven't clearly mention it in the past communication that if host pc's screen is turned off, then i can connect, but not able to see the windows log-in page. I didn't have a problem like this before.

My solution now, is just to leave host pc's screen ON at all times, so I can log-in remotely.

Thanks for your help. If you find a solution, that would be great. If not, oh well Smiley Sad