cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Laptop Remote Display to Two Monitor Host

I have 2 monitors on my host computer and one monitor (laptop) remotely.   When I use "scale to fit" the application menus are so small it is difficult to read. When I use "actual size" all of the host monitor doesn't fit on the screen and therefore I have to scroll to see all of the content.

I recently changed monitor 1 on the host to a 27", monitor 2 on the host is 17", prior to that I had 2 - 17" monitors and this was not a problem.

I have tried adjust resolution on the new 27" monitor however I was not able to get a workable presentation.

Any thoughts on what options I have?

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Laptop Remote Display to Two Monitor Host

Hi there @abeman2000 ,

Welcome to the LMI Community!

With regards to the change in GoToMyPC's remote viewer, have you tried the Zoom To: Custom option to see if you can match the new monitor as closely as possible?

New Contributor

Yes I did however that did not resolve the inconsistencies I was experiencing.

The closest I could get to resolving this is to set all monitors resolutions to the same.  One of the host monitors doesn't display about an inch on the top and bottom but it is workable.

LogMeIn Contributor

Unfortunately not all display resolutions / aspect ratios will be compatible with each other, though the scale to fit is supposed to at least maximize the view into your current viewer.  So the 27 inch compared to the 17 inch will naturally appear to have smaller text sizes, but there should not be much difference between the Scale and Zoom views if you are seeing the entire desktop.