cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Mac (Mojave) host Unavailable when in sleep mode

Didn't have this problem until the Mojave OS update. 

The host is available while in wake mode. When it goes into sleep mode the host becomes unavailable. Before updating to Mojave the host was always available in sleep mode. Is this another Mojave issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: Mac (Mojave) host Unavailable when in sleep mode

My previous MAC ran on Sierra OS. I could wake it up all the time via GoToMyPC and I know it wasn't just the monitor going dark because I would physically select "Sleep" from the pull down menu before I left that station. Mojave doesn't let me do that on my new iMAC. I fixed the issue by going into the energy saving settings and telling the machine to never go to sleep and allowing the monitor to go dark after a set time. That solved it.
2 REPLIES 2
LogMeIn Contributor

HI @blackhound ,

I don't believe GoToMyPC has the ability to 'wake' a sleeping Mac.  Did you mean turn off the monitor at that station instead?

New Contributor

My previous MAC ran on Sierra OS. I could wake it up all the time via GoToMyPC and I know it wasn't just the monitor going dark because I would physically select "Sleep" from the pull down menu before I left that station. Mojave doesn't let me do that on my new iMAC. I fixed the issue by going into the energy saving settings and telling the machine to never go to sleep and allowing the monitor to go dark after a set time. That solved it.