cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barry Clark
New Contributor

Mouse cursor disappears when connected to windows 10 PC

Connected to a Windows 10 pro PC from Surface Pro 3 (win 10).  After a few minutes the mouse cursor disappears and no amount of moving brings it back.
16 REPLIES 16
Richard Wirtz
New Contributor

Re: Mouse cursor disappears when connected to windows 10 PC

You are not alone.  I have the same problem.  it just started within the last 30 days or so.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

I'm looking into this issue now, in the meantime if you open the GoToMyPC Host Preferences and enable Show Host computer cursor, is that visible in session?
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Dan Bailey
New Contributor

I am having the same trouble.  When I select show host computer cursor, it is visible and helps somewhat, but the cursor does not change for text or precision cursors, which I need for graphic design.  please help.
Michael16
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Dan, just to verify: you do have the setting enabled in your host preferences to show the host cursor? This is found on the first tab labelled "Host".

If it is enabled already, does the cursor not change only in certain programs or all? If only certain ones, which programs?
Dan Bailey
New Contributor

Correct, it is enabled to show the host cursor.
The cursor does not change in any program.
Michael16

What OS and version of G2MPC are you on? How long have you had it installed? I'm wondering if a reinstall would fix this, or if toggling off the setting, saving, then toggling it back on would resolve it. I'm currently not experiencing this issue on my computer; it behaves as expected.

In your computer's resolution settings, what setting is your text/icon size slider set to?
Dan Bailey
New Contributor

os - Windows 10 pro 64 bit
G2MPC - v 19.1 build 1875

100% resolution size
Barry Clark
New Contributor

I haven’t had this problem for quite a while now on my Surface Pro 3, Windows 10 pro 64 bit. Host is also Windows 10 Pro 64 - both fully patched.

I wonder if uninstalling and re-installing GoToMyPC  on both host and client might help?  I did set the preferences to use host cursor as per the original suggestion. Routinely I use "scale to fit", as my host PC is 1920x1080 and the Surface doesn't match.  However, sometimes I also use it with a second 1920x1080 monitor on "full scale" and that works too - but in that case I set the Surface font to 100%, not the default 150%.

However, I didn’t consciously do anything – it just seems to have resolved itself.

Barry

Michael16

After doing some digging, it appears that this might actually be a bug with Windows 10; I'm not suggesting it's not GoToMyPC, but I found a few settings to play around with in Windows.

Within "Mouse & Touchpad settings" (search for that in the Windows search bar), click additional mouse options. Under the Pointer Options tab, can you try changing a few settings and see how this affects your experience? The ones I want you to try toggling are Snap To and the three options under Visibility.

Also, under the Hardware tab, are any devices listed here as being "disabled"? If so, in your GoToMyPC Preferences, are you disabling the host keyboard/mouse? This is a setting located under the Security tab.