cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J.1
Active Contributor

Multiple users cannot connect to Gotomypc despite machines showing as available

Many of my users are currently seeing their machines with the Connect button and an Available status in Gotomypc, but when they attempt to log in, the window repeatedly runs through 'waiting for the host computer to connect' and then refuses to let them in. We have to physically reboot the boxes to get through. What is going on?

Tags (2)
12 REPLIES 12
SLMiller
New Contributor

Re: Multiple users cannot connect to Gotomypc despite machines showing as available

Same thing is going on at our office
J.1
Active Contributor

Re: Multiple users cannot connect to Gotomypc despite machines showing as available

I would like to note, since I have been on the phone with a Gotomypc support rep for a while now, that:

- All machines are running Windows 10 version 1909

- All machines have at least 8 gigs of RAM, most 16

- All machines have been updated within the past two weeks

- Most of the affected machines have been rebooted within the past week

- All the machines are running ESET Endpoint Security

- Checking for updates to Windows gets 'your machine is up to date' on the affected machines

- Our users mostly connect to Gotomypc using Chrome, although some use Edge and one or two use Firefox

- Being told to reboot the machines once a week to be on the safe side does not help, as several of the affected machines have been rebooted multiple times in the past forty-eight hours and are still affected

SLMiller
New Contributor

I just got on
J.1
Active Contributor

Unfortunately, after a day or two of Gotomypc working properly, we hit this same issue again yesterday. We have less of the problem today, but I'm not really confident that anything is being done on a long term basis about the problem, especially since attempts to get responses on the ticket I have open don't actually result in anyone emailing or calling back.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@J.1  GoToMyPC services had some localized service disruptions at two points in the past two weeks that have been resolved completely.  If you continue to experience connectivity issues, please reference the status page first:  https://status.logmeinaccess.com/ 

If your connection trouble does not match up with these disruptions, and you continue to experience errors, please let us know.

jc87
New Contributor

We continue to have this problem today.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@jc87  Sorry about that.  Where are you located, and what ISP to you utilize? 

Are all the Host computers in the same location? 

jc87
New Contributor

Hosts are all in the same location (NJ Shore) ISP - comcast

We have run the wizard at both the host and client end with now errors.

jc87
New Contributor

No response? No support on phone? This has been a problem for three days now!