cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Preventing GTMPC from loading

I don't want GTMPC to ask me to register every time I turn on my home PC. I use it to access family members PCs to help them when they have problems. I want to leave it on my PC if I will be traveling and want to access my PC. How do I turn off the registration prompt without registering?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Preventing GTMPC from loading

Hi,

You need to have the Host software permanently installed and registered, or if you never plan to connect to this Host PC just uninstall the GoToMyPC software.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

I know that is one solution. What I want to do is suppress the pop up every time I log into the PC asking me to register the software. How do I *not* load that reminder pop-up? I want to have the software downloaded and on the PC but not registered until I want to use it from my PC. The rest of the time, my home PC is *not* one of the three I can access with GTMPC.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

If you can right click the MYPC icon in your System Tray and select Preferences, you can change the Start Up mode to Manual. You will want to change this back whenever you actually register this computer as a Host PC.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!