cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
Former Member
Not applicable

Problems with Excel documents (logging in from Macbook to Windows 10 Remote host)

Hi --

When using Excel (office 365) on my Windows 10 PC at work, I have no issues.  When working remote and using GoToMyPC from a Macbook running Catalina, I see a few issues:

1)  If I make changes to column width/height/etc. and exit out of Excel and get back in the changes have not been saved.  Again, if I do this locally, I have no issues.

2)  Periodically, Excel will hang/freeze and only display a white screen.   The session is active, and if I click in the upper left hand corner of the document, eventually I can get to the File menu and save/exit (sometimes it won't accept the input from the mouseclick at all and I just have to exit the document and lose my changes.

Any ideas as to what is going on?  It only seems to be Excel that is having issue when logged in to my Windows 10 host via GoToMyPC.

thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Problems with Excel documents (logging in from Macbook to Windows 10 Remote host)

Hi @Former Member ,

Could you specify if you're using a local software version of Excel, and what number this is at currently?

Or if you're using an online version, what web browser is in use?

Finally, which GoToMyPC version is the Host PC running, and are there any updates when you check through the endpoint software?

Highlighted
Former Member
Not applicable

Re: Problems with Excel documents (logging in from Macbook to Windows 10 Remote host)

Hi

The local version (on the windows host I'm remoting into) of Excel (Office 365) is 2001.  The version of gotomypc on the windows host (I'm on a Macbook remoting in to the Windows host in the office) is 10.2.