cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Remote PC "unavailable"

When trying to connect to my remote PC, the "connect" button now "unavailable". The remote PC is on.
10 REPLIES 10
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Remote PC "unavailable"

Hi Mark, there might be an issue with the host's internet connection. Is there any way you can verify that the host is connected? Can you also verify that the host is able to communicate with our poll server (our server that determines if a host is online)? To do so, open the command prompt or terminal on the host computer and type "ping poll.gotomypc.com" (without quotes) and see if you get any responses.

I've also seen certain Windows environments not be connected to the internet when a user isn't logged-in. There is a setting you can configure to make this happen, but I'll need more information, such as the specific operating system you are on, before I can provide any steps.

New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can not access go to my pc. it was Unavailable. This is causing serious diffi....

I can not access go to my pc. it was Unavailable. This is causing serious difficulties.  Our bookkeeping is done long distance.  
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Bennet,
You'll want to get over to the affected Host computer in order to see what the disconnect is at that location.  I'm sorry we cannot fix an offline Host from our side.

New Contributor

I need help with this same thing. I checked my connection before leaving work, set the computer to sleep so the screens will go off, then when i get home, my computer is unavailable, but my associate's computer is avail. I recently upgraded to Windows 10, so assume its a setting. thanks for helping me with the settings.
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Susi,
When it comes to 'sleep mode', it is likely that your computer has powered down and is not running background software any longer.  There is a corporate feature of GoToMyPC that allows some hosts to 'wake' if they are on the same network as the client PC, but this does not apply in your case.  Make certain you do not put your Host computer to sleep when you leave it unattended and the plan is to remotely access it while away.

New Contributor

I am having the same the problem.  I was connect to my host computer through gotomypc this morning when suddenly I got an error message stating that I was blocked.  Since then I am not able to connect it keeps saying unavailable.  what can I do to fix the problem?
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Rita,
While I am not specifically familiar with that error message wording, it could be that something changed at the host computer unexpectedly, like a network refresh, IP configuration, or power loss.  If your Host computer is still showing as 'Online', then it may only need a restart at that location.

New Contributor

My Mac is showing Unavailable... but the computer in on, online, and getting responses when I go to Terminal and type in "ping poll.gotomypc.com"...

it's been "unavailable" since 3/19/2018 and it's now 3/26/2018

Please help... I needed to access my computer to fix a 3D printing problem I was having while I was away and I couldn't connect Smiley Sad

New Contributor

Ok.. so I closed the app, then re-opened it, and now it's working... but I don't know why it stopped in the first place... it put me a day behind on my project... Oh well