cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
efdmd
New Contributor

Screen not blanking out on host

Recently, for no reason the host screen will not black out when selected in the preferences. I tried uninstalling gotomy pc and reinstalling but it did not fix the problem. Nothing had changed with the host to casue this to happen. Any suggestions?

Thanks

32 REPLIES 32
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Thanks for confirming those settings.  It may be a conflict with your driver setup, which we can certainly investigate further if you can help Customer Support gather some log files from the Host PC.  If this was a recent behavioral change then they can also downgrade that Host to the last working build.

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
lloydm
Active Contributor

The screen blanking feature is also not working on August 11, 2022 on my Windows 10 computer, even though "Enable new screen blanking feature" is checked on the Host tab of Preferences (accessed via Tools-> Preferences from the session window); and when I click on the MYPC icon in the system tray on the host computer, and choose Preferences there, the feature is enabled.  Isn't the screen supposed to go blank on the Host machine as soon as a remote session is established with it?  The goal is to not have anyone passing by the host machine's monitor to read what is on the screen.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @lloydm,

I see that you spoke with support, were you able to get the screen blanking working on your PC?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!