cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Securing host computer

I am an attorney and work out of a Quest office sharing environment.  When I leave my office at night, I leave my office PC (host) computer on so that I can access my work files and email remotely through Logmein.  I am concerned about leaving my PC running because office personnel has access to my confidential files.  Can I log off my PC when I leave work for the day and still access my PC remotely?  

Any guidance or other suggestions to secure my office PC is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Securing host computer

Hi Michael,

LMI GoToMyPC has security as a top priority.  Make sure the GoToMyPC desktop software Preferences have these items selected under the Security tab:

1. Lock host computer upon connection and disconnection
    • This ensures that your login credentials are needed for anyone who is physically at that location (be sure you have a login password set)
  2. Blank out screen while connected
    • People at your office will see just a black screen while you are remotely connected
  3. Lock host keyboard and mouse
    • Even if there were an attempt to manipulate your remote session, this feature ensures that your own mouse and keyboard inputs trump local inputs.

2 REPLIES 2
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Michael,

LMI GoToMyPC has security as a top priority.  Make sure the GoToMyPC desktop software Preferences have these items selected under the Security tab:

1. Lock host computer upon connection and disconnection
    • This ensures that your login credentials are needed for anyone who is physically at that location (be sure you have a login password set)
  2. Blank out screen while connected
    • People at your office will see just a black screen while you are remotely connected
  3. Lock host keyboard and mouse
    • Even if there were an attempt to manipulate your remote session, this feature ensures that your own mouse and keyboard inputs trump local inputs.

New Contributor

Thank you.