cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Securing host computer

I am an attorney and work out of a Quest office sharing environment.  When I leave my office at night, I leave my office PC (host) computer on so that I can access my work files and email remotely through Logmein.  I am concerned about leaving my PC running because office personnel has access to my confidential files.  Can I log off my PC when I leave work for the day and still access my PC remotely?  

Any guidance or other suggestions to secure my office PC is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Securing host computer

Hi Michael,

LMI GoToMyPC has security as a top priority.  Make sure the GoToMyPC desktop software Preferences have these items selected under the Security tab:

1. Lock host computer upon connection and disconnection
    • This ensures that your login credentials are needed for anyone who is physically at that location (be sure you have a login password set)
  2. Blank out screen while connected
    • People at your office will see just a black screen while you are remotely connected
  3. Lock host keyboard and mouse
    • Even if there were an attempt to manipulate your remote session, this feature ensures that your own mouse and keyboard inputs trump local inputs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Michael,

LMI GoToMyPC has security as a top priority.  Make sure the GoToMyPC desktop software Preferences have these items selected under the Security tab:

1. Lock host computer upon connection and disconnection
    • This ensures that your login credentials are needed for anyone who is physically at that location (be sure you have a login password set)
  2. Blank out screen while connected
    • People at your office will see just a black screen while you are remotely connected
  3. Lock host keyboard and mouse
    • Even if there were an attempt to manipulate your remote session, this feature ensures that your own mouse and keyboard inputs trump local inputs.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you.