cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Session Diagnostics

I ran across this article ( https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomypc/help/how-do-i-run-session-diagnostics) as I was researching ways to better the performance of GoToMyPC for my company. I cannot find the Show Diagnostics anywhere in my Viewer. I have the Session Perfromance under the Help menu, but it doesn't give the detailed information that it looks like the Session Diagnostics gives. How do I get this Session Diagnostics?

This is very important as my company is thinking of switching to another provider unless we can get better performance from GoToMyPC. My users experience significant lag/latency a good 30-40% of the time, which is seriously affecting our business.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Session Diagnostics

You are probably not on latest GTMPC Build. You might receive the latest build upgrade in few days if you haven't received that yet. In case, you want the upgrade immediately then you may reach out to customer care team or your account Manager and ask for a build upgrade. 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@mlynch1958  Did you notice the GoToMyPC delays starting recently after a specific update?

Have you tried running a trace route from an affected Host computer to the GoToMyPC servers?  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomypc/help/can-i-test-my-connection-1089960781 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I have version 10.3 Build 2714. What version has the diagnostics outlined in that article?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Ash,

Thanks for getting back to me. So why is this not updated automatically? The article you sent me tells me all about it, but doesn’t give me any download links. And there are no update menu items in the present viewer. What am I supposed to do?

Pretty frustrating.

Michael

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@mlynch1958  There should be a 'check for updates' option on the Host computer end: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomypc/help/how-do-i-automatically-install-updates-1168862071 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

But that's the host computer. We were talking about the GoToMyPC Viewer, which is on the client. How do I update that?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@mlynch1958  The Host dictates the viewer being used.  You'll need to check for updates at that end for this to take effect.

If you continue to experience lag time with the remote connection, I would also recommend testing from an alternate network to see if the delay is more at the client or host side.  From there you may need to check the latency within the problem area for an improved GoToMyPC experience.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thanks for your response. I didn't know that's how it worked. I just checked my host, it is at v 10.3 as well. When I try to update, it says it is up-to-date. For some reason, v11 is not available to me. 

I really would like to have the tool available in v11 to begin getting a handle on this issue. Trying to run it down by testing individual machines is just not realistic.  Is there some way of forcing v11 update?