cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Since I upgraded to macOS Sierra, I can no longer access my host computers (PCs). Please help!

Since I upgraded to macOS Sierra, I can no longer access my host computers, which are PCs. I am traveling and will not be near my host computers for a few weeks. Please help!
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Since I upgraded to macOS Sierra, I can no longer access my host computers (PCs). Please help!

Hi Ashley,
Sorry about that!  There should be no issue connecting from Mac clients to PC hosts.  If the host nicknames are listed as 'Online' in your GoToMyPC computers list, do you receive any error messages or alerts during the connection attempt? 

Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Since I upgraded to macOS Sierra, I can no longer access my host computers (PCs). Please help!

Hi Ashley, is the GoToMyPC Viewer not doing anything after you enter your access code? If so, can you please try connecting a second time while the first viewer is still running? A second viewer should open up and ask you for your access code again; if you enter your access code, it should work this time.

If this works for you, this is a known issue with our latest version, 9.2, of GoToMyPC. If you're fine with this workaround, you can stay on this version; if you would like to downgrade to a previous version of GoToMyPC where you don't experience this issue, please give our 24/7 support team a call and we can assist with downgrading your host computers.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you Michael, I appreciate it. The workaround worked!  I hope that this issue gets worked out soon. 

-Ashley
Highlighted

Thank you for the update, Ashley! I'm glad to hear you're good-to-go for your trip :).
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello. I am a new user to gotomypc 9.2, but I likely have a similar issue with an already-upgraded macOS Sierra 10.12.1. It hangs at the "Enter Access Code" until inactivity times out. Unfortunately, the workaround doesn't work for me (I can open 2-5 additional windows, and it still won't log in). I've been able to log in 3x at random (doesn't matter which computer I try to access or at what time of day) over the past 2 weeks, but no more than that. My IT department was unable to help me because they've only had one other Mac user report this problem. I've tried calling the # above, but it sounds like this would downgrade gotomypc on a work PC (I'm not allowed to do this) rather than on my personal mac laptop; if I have misunderstood this, please let me know, and I'll call back to downgrade gotomypc on my personal Mac. Thanks for your time.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have the same problem. Once I upgraded to the new Sierra, gotomypc doesn't work. 
I don't want to downgrade my computer for software that should work smoothly on all my computers.
Highlighted

Hi Martin, you won't have to downgrade the operating system. There is a known issue with the current release of GoToMyPC, which is what I am suggesting to downgrade as a temporary solution to connection issues from computers with Sierra; you will need to reach out to our 24/7 support team to have them apply the downgrade to your host computer.

The alternative workaround is to try connecting twice, leaving the first viewer window running in your taskbar, and a connection should succeed the second time you enter your access code.

Highlighted

Hi Fiona, I'm sorry to hear that the workaround is not consistently working for you :(. You are correct that you will have to downgrade the Windows host computer's GoToMyPC software. If they allow GoToMyPC to automatically update, it's possible that we can get the downgrade applied to you. If you'd like to try, please give our 24/7 support team a call.

Highlighted

Another suggestion I have for you to try would be to disable direct connections and see if that either resolves the issue or, at the very least, fixes the workaround.