cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Sorry, GoToMyPC cannot start at this time. Please try again in a few minutes - approximately 10 days now.

Getting the titled message for nearly 10 days now.  Running Win 10 64 bit, Intel I7 machine.  Have used the connection wizard as well as the GotolauncherError2006.  Neither seems to solve the problem.  Initially, I rebooted both the host and client machines multiple times. Any other ideas?  Only Outlook 2016 running, was trying to log into one of my clients to complete some critical work.  Have been using GoTo continuously for approximately 7 to 8 years.  This is the first problem I have had.
3 REPLIES 3
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Sorry, GoToMyPC cannot start at this time. Please try again in a few minutes - approximately 10 days now.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting in the community! Sorry to hear about the issues you've ran into recently.

This error can be caused by the GoToMyPC viewer files being erroneously "in-use" according to Windows. Since a reboot of the Client didn't resolve the issue, please follow the steps below from the Client PC:

Step 1: Run the Launcher Error Tool
  1. Download the tool here.
  2. Extract GoToOpener_PermissionsFix.bat
  3. Right click on GoToOpener_PermissionsFix.bat
  4. Select Run as administrator
  5. Wait while a command prompt window appears and disappears
  6. Attempt to connect to the computer again
If the Permissions Fix tool does not work, you may need to manually disable sharing of the temp folder:
  1. Hold the Windows key and press R
  2. Type %temp% in the run window
  3. Navigate back one folder
  4. Right click on the Temp folder
  5. Select Share or Share With
  6. Click Stop Sharing or select Nobody
  7. Click Done
Step 2: Delete GoToMyPC Viewer files
  1. Uninstall the launcher 
  2. Reboot
  3. Navigate to C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Citrix\GoToMyPC 
  4. Delete every file named gotomypc_XXXX.exe
  5. Navigate to C:\Users\\AppData\Local\GoToMyPC 
  6. Delete every file named gotomypc_XXXX.exe
  7. Empty the recycle bin 
  8. Reboot 
  9. Attempt connecting again
New Contributor

Re: Sorry, GoToMyPC cannot start at this time. Please try again in a few minutes - approximately 10 days now.

none of this worked.  It keeps saying I can not delete the launcher because I do not have administrator permission
New Contributor

none of this worked.  It keeps saying I can not delete the launcher because I do not have administrator permission