cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Start a chat to Host computer in regular session.

When I'm doing remote support and a live user is also present at the host PC, sometimes they would like to initiate a chat conversation. Is there a way they can do that? At the moment they are reduced to pasting a Sticky Note on the desktop and hoping I see it. That doesn't work so hot if I'm off doing something else, e.g. during a long slow install, etc.
2 REPLIES 2
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Start a chat to Host computer in regular session.

Hi Tad,

Currently Chat is only in the Guest Invite sessions as that is when we know someone is present at the Host. I'll change this to an Idea for you, so it is considered as a feature request.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Re: Start a chat to Host computer in regular session.

I've been asking for this for at least three years, too.  We need the ability at the Host to initiate a Chat.  Now, you have to open a doc and type a message in it to get the Remote/Guest user's attention, who can then initiate a GoToMyPC Chat from their end.  How about showing a Chat option for the Host user when right-clicking the MYPC icon in the bottom-right of the screen?  This doesn't seem like a hard feature to add, since a Chat function with a host window already exists in the software.

Plus, the title of this thread is wrong.  Shouldn't it be Start a chat FROM Host computer?  You can already start a chat TO the Host.  Unless my idea of Remote/Guest vs. Host is backwards.  And Glenn's statement "as that is when we know someone is present at the Host" seems to be a moot point.  We can initiate a chat to the Host whether someone is actually there or not.  What difference does it make?  Being an old guy, I'm very aware I could be missing something here!