cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

The client PC can't register their computer, after installing.

Nowadays, our clients often report that they can't register their computer, although they tired to install the GoToMyPC several times.

After installing, they face the "An Internal Error has occurred. Please try again" message, so they can't input the computer name and Nick name.internal_error.jpg

Their O/S - Win7 or Win10. 

Could you please let me know how to solve this issue?

9 REPLIES 9
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: The client PC can't register their computer, after installing.

Hi @Jooya ,

This error can sometimes occur if there's a local security block in place, or the user does not have the permissions needed to install in certain folders.  Can you confirm if there are any local firewalls present? 

Can you also confirm the GoToMyPC version being installed there?

New Contributor

The customer installed it with the latest version downloaded from the GoToMyPC site.

If they change some configuration, please advise me how to change those.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Jooya , there should be no change in configuration to the endpoint software, and we don't seem to have any other reports of this nature.  Do you think you could see if there are any commonalities between the affected Host computers? 

It may also be beneficial to make sure these PC go through a reboot before any reinstall attempt is made.

New Contributor

@AshC it's difficult for me to find any commonalities.
case 1. I've ever connected to customer1 before several months, but I could not connected to customer1 last week after re-installed. They didn't change the O/S and anything according them.

case 2. some customers use Win7 and others use Win10. Their location is in Vietnam or in Indonesia. They faced the same error after intalling the GoToMyPC. Someone didn't use any antiVirus program, someone use only Windows firewall with the default setting.

So I can't find any commonalities.....

uhmm... I guess, one thing is they installed the latest version.

New Contributor

Is the problem still exists? Can you please check if it's working? 

New Contributor

The problem still exists. 

New Contributor

Can you please ask the customers to check again? There was a security action getting triggered from your region, which is now diabled. The registration should go through now. Even then it doesn't work then would you mind sharing the IP addresses and G2P username of any of these customers?

New Contributor

@Abhishek Yadav @AshC Hi, All. Our customers can use the GoToMyPC without any problem, after installing the latest version.

LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for the confirmation @Jooya !