cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siebe Bosch
New Contributor

Using Cmd-Tab on Mac to switch to my Gotomypc window sends an undesired keystroke to my host (win10)

I use Gotomypc on a Mac (El Capitan) in order to login to a Windows 10 machine.

Every time I switch to the (already open) Gotomypc app by using <CMD>-<TAB> on the Mac, it also sends an undesired keystroke to the Windows 10 machine (I suspect it to be the Windows key), starting up the Narrator app in Window 10. Also it looks like the client machine 'holds' down the Windows-key, because every keystroke after loggin in produces some undesired effect and not the effect I intended.

The only way I can solve this issue is to click <CMD> again immediately after loggin in to the Windows 10 host.

Has anyone had a similar experience?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jmcdermo
Active Contributor

Re: Using Cmd-Tab on Mac to switch to my Gotomypc window sends an undesired keystroke to my host (wi

Just got off support for this same issue. I just updated to MacOS 12.0.1 Monterey today and the fix was to allow access to the AEServer application in the System Preferences.

System Preferences 

Security & Privacy

Privacy Tab

Accessibility

Find "AEServer" in the list on the right and check the box to allow that app to control your computer.

This is the fix that worked for me. No more stray Windows events when using Cmd+Tab to switch applications on my Mac.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Michael16
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Using Cmd-Tab on Mac to switch to my Gotomypc window sends an undesired keystroke to my host (win10)

Hi Siebe, I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with undesired keys being registered through GoToMyPC. Can you please check GoToMyPC's security preferences on the Windows computer for me and tell me if you have the "lock host keyboard and mouse" setting enabled? This setting can be found by right-clicking the MYPC icon in your system tray next to your clock, and selecting Preferences. The specific setting is under the Security tab.

gwisniewski62
New Contributor

Re: Using Cmd-Tab on Mac to switch to my Gotomypc window sends an undesired keystroke to my host (win10)

I have the same issue. Using command+tab to switch between program on my mac while using gotomypc connected to a windows hosts changes the keyboard effect. I do also need to then again press and hold the command key in the gotomypc session to return the keyboard to normal.
jmcdermo
Active Contributor

Re: Using Cmd-Tab on Mac to switch to my Gotomypc window sends an undesired keystroke to my host (wi

Just got off support for this same issue. I just updated to MacOS 12.0.1 Monterey today and the fix was to allow access to the AEServer application in the System Preferences.

System Preferences 

Security & Privacy

Privacy Tab

Accessibility

Find "AEServer" in the list on the right and check the box to allow that app to control your computer.

This is the fix that worked for me. No more stray Windows events when using Cmd+Tab to switch applications on my Mac.