cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Windows Client hangs on close From Mac host, Appears to be Bug

This happens on both my Windows 8.1 and my Windows 10 machines... When I end a Mac host session still logged in on the Mac, the client window closes fine, but if I logout on the Mac then close the client, the client window does not close, but is unresponsive. If I go into Task Manager, the process is still running and I have to end it. When I end it, I get a Windows Pop Up saying the session has ended unexpetedly.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Windows Client hangs on close From Mac host, Appears to be Bug

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble.

If I understand you correctly, this is the Windows client that shows stuck GoToMyPC process' after disconnecting from a Mac Host?

New Contributor

Sorry for the delay, yes that is correct.

LogMeIn Contributor

If you just end the session from the PC client without manually logging out of the Mac Host, does this not automatically lock the host upon disconnect?  What happens upon the next connection attempt if this workflow is followed?

New Contributor

If I just end the session at the Windows client, the client side of GOTOMyPC does not hang, i.e. it closes correctly, however if I walk over to the Host Mac, it is not locked, it is still logeed in and free for anyone to use.

New Contributor

If I start another remote session, it connects as normal. So, again, the problem is if I end the session this way, the Mac is not secure until it times out under OSX and locks the local screen. On my Windows Host, I can logout or lock the screen before ending the client session and the client session ends correctly.

LogMeIn Contributor

Could you double check on the Mac Host that the option to lock upon disconnect is selected? 

Reference:  GoToMyPC Security Preferences

New Contributor

Ok, the Lock on Disconnect was not selected, so I selected it. It is a bit slow, however now when I close the client session, it does lock the screen after several seconds. So, maybe this is something I just did not know I was supposed to do? I.e. I should not logout on the Mac, but use the GoToMyPC lock on disconnect instead?

LogMeIn Contributor

Yes, that's what this feature was designed for--  so you don't have to worry about keeping the Host computer secure.

New Contributor

Ok, thanks... I will do it that way.