cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: file transfer freezes after a few files.

Sorry, @angeldjac -- Is the issue still occurring for you?

New Contributor

I am getting a similar problem even when not transferring files, the host freezes and is non responsive, i have to close the window and start another session. this just started happening about a month ago and it happens randomly on several of our 12 pcs on our plan.  I called in on Thursday of last week and "Jerson" said he made the change referred to in the posts above but it happened again today.  have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. gotomypc is up to date on all pcs. 

LogMeIn Contributor

@eric24 I've made an account change for your login that may improve the file transfer functionality.  Please confirm?

New Contributor

I am also suffering from this problem.  Both host and client PCs (Windows 7) are running fine.

GoToMyPc login and session are started up as per normal - I've been using GoToMyPc for 16 years.

The session commences fine, and for the most part operates as normal.  However, there are many occasions when the session "freezes", and control is lost.  This happens most regularly during file transfer (twice this morning already), but has also happened in other situations.

If I send an Alt-Ctrl-Del instruction, nothing appears to happen.  However, once I kill the session, then login again and reconnect with a new session, the host PC has received and accepted the Alt-Ctrl-Del and is waiting in the Windows prompt screen for Lock/Switch/Logoff/ChangePassword/Task Manager.

So, these apparent "freezes" are ony partial.  Control of the host Desktop is lost, but instructions through the GoToMyPc menu appear to be sent normally.

Any help to fix this frustrating problem would be appreciated.

New Contributor

I also have this issue - a call to tech support and a reinstall has not helped my issue. I pointed out this forum and the tech did not investigate. I have tried to connect from several clients, disabled AV, changed directories - nothing mattered. I would appreciate a check to my login/account as stated earlier - please and thanks.

Active Contributor

I have to wonder why this company doesn't just change this setting back for all accounts. Seems like it is causing problems for users without any benefit.

New Contributor

I am also having this problem.  Any fix?  Host and client running Windows 10.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @BDMAM,

I apologize for the frustration, please click on my profile and message me the email address associated with your account.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

The fix made by AshC on 4/2 seems to have solved the problem. Thank you.

New Contributor

Same problem .What do you need to set up my system correctly?