cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: file transfer freezes after a few files.

@barryr1 we have a new GoToMyPC build releasing by months end, which should address any remaining PCs experiencing file transfer issues due to the Hourglass functionality. 

If this version change does not fix the problem, then click on my Community name in order to securely confirm your GoToMyPC login email addres for additional troubleshooting methods.

New Contributor

I alos have this problem. Please fix my account.

New Contributor

I am also experiencing this problem. How do I get help?

LogMeIn Contributor

@Agtech You can click on my name to private-message me in the Community, to confirm your GoToMyPC login credential.

New Contributor

Aloha Ash, can you help resolve this problem?

LogMeIn Contributor

@Agtech  Like I mentioned in my prevous post, we don't want to post login credentials publicly, so you can either message me privately by clicking on my name / handle in this Community, and then sending a direct communication. 

Or -- you can always reference this Community conversation with a support representative in our Customer Care group, 24 hours a day.

New Contributor

I am having the same problem (copying files from Windows 7 to Windows 10). It worked fine in the past going from 7 to 7.

New Contributor

Thanks AshC. It seems to be working! It has been running for 24 hours now, about 60% done, so I think it is working. In the past it would freeze after a few hours. The File Transfer function is the best way for me to start a new computer. I really appreciate your help!
LogMeIn Contributor

@PhilD  Glad we could help!

New Contributor

GoToMyPC connection freezing on file transfer

I've been using GoToMyPC for many years now but for the last few months have been experiencing the connection freezing mainly when syncing files. As I use this feature regularly to back up files from my office to home, it's a major inconvenience. I have to close down the GotomyPC window when it freezes and reconnect which normallly allow me to try again but the file transfer can freeze the connection 4 or 5 times during a relatively short file transfer. I've also experienced being logged out of the host computer about a minute into a session quite regularly recently.

I've checked all my fire wall settings and they allow GotomyPC through on both the host and client computers. Can anyone suggest anything?

Regards - Tim