cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Re: file transfer freezes after a few files.

@EMS_Tampa  Which operating system and GoToMyPC version are you running there?

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
EMS_Tampa
New Contributor

Windows 10 Pro
GTMPC version   11.4.3068
AshC
GoTo Moderator

@EMS_Tampa  Thanks, are you able to give us a call at your convenience?  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomypc/help/how-do-i-contact-customer-support-1107395211 

We may need to confirm your ID before making some backend changes to your Host settings.

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
drrrrowe
New Contributor

I have had this problem for quite some time - freezing during file transfer.  I am really surprised this is a known problem for 4 years without a global fix to the software.  I am inclined to think this problem is purposely not being fixed globally.  

The freezing during transfer of files forces several sessions to complete the transfer process.  And unfortunately I avoid more frequent updates that probably makes the transfer session even more problematic.  

Now a new problem has arisen.  With recent software updates, I am still experiencing freezing during file transfers, but now the software will shut me out of logging in after 4-5 of repeat sessions.   The only solution after that occurrence is to restart the host computer (which flies in the face of remote access).

Others on this thread seem to have received a fix on an individual basis and the fix does not  appear to be in public access.  Could I get help too?

Thanks,

A frustrated, frozen user. 

larryincmh
Active Contributor

I will tell you that after contacting the support listed in this thread that they did do something in the background that fixed the issue of freezing and hangups entirely.  

It is not, however, without another pitfall, in that it is painfully slow now.  It works, but, transfer speed is dial up modem quality at best.   Quite some time to transfer even modest sized files, anything 1GB or larger can take hours.  But, it doesn't disconnect.

I have for the most part given up on this service to transfer files.  Instead, since I had a Dropbox account, I just created a folder to put my files into that syncs with other computers I have that I want those files on.  Within minutes they are synced and in all places.  If you have a Drive or a Dropbox account consider that instead, as the fixes they do here while totally fixing the hang-up issues are sloooooooooooow.