cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

monblanking.sys still causes events to be logged and system to slow down

Every 30 minutes, I get a set of events logged about monblanking and seeming associated amdmdap.  When these events occur, the system seems to slow to a crawl for about 2-3 minutes.

Then everything seems fine again.

monblanking:

Someone sent a power request to display driver

amdkmdap:

The description for Event ID 104 from source amdkmdap cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\Video4
MonblankingDriver

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table
4 REPLIES 4
New Contributor

Re: monblanking.sys still causes events to be logged and system to slow down

Two weeks and no response Smiley Sad
Active Contributor

Hi,

Please forgive the delay in my response.  To help diagnose and resolve possible issues with our screen blanking driver (monblanking) we have it log display adapter related events in the event viewer.  The driver should only be logging display adapter related events after they happen and this logging shouldn't cause anything to happen.  I do not think this logging should affect system performance, but there is a way to test this.  If you're able to open up an elevated command prompt, you can enter this command:

net stop monblanking

This will unload the driver until the next reboot.  Unloading the driver will also prevent it from logging entries to the event viewer.  Go ahead and run this command and see if this addresses the system performance issue.  If it does, there is another command I can provide you with that will prevent the driver from being loaded at system boot.  If you use GoToMyPC's screen blanking feature, I generally prefer not to unload the driver at system startup as the driver is essential for multi-monitor screen blanking.
New Contributor

I have a client who is getting this event log, so when you get this event, does this mean that the driver has been unloaded, which is what she experiences driver/lost signal issues with one of her monitors?

System
- Provider
[ Name] monblanking

- EventID 102
[ Qualifiers] 16384

Level 4

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2019-05-29T20:03:35.596166000Z

EventRecordID 12543

Channel System

6016.jpg

LogMeIn Contributor

Hello @smcdonald ,

I apologize for the conflict there.

If you have access to the problem PC, please follow these instructions to resolve:

1. Visit the GoToMyPC Screen Blanking Configuration Tool on the host computer
  2. Download GoToMyPC_Screen_Blanking_Configuration_Tool_LMI.bat
  3. Right click GoToMyPC_Screen_Blanking_Configuration_Tool_LMI.bat
  4. Click Run as administrator
  5. Click Yes when User Account Control asks if you want to run the file.
  6. Wait while the tool gathers diagnostic information
  7. Press the number between 1 and 4 that best suits your screen blanking needs.
  8. Press Enter
  9. Wait while the tool performs the requested operation
  10. Press any key to continue
  11. Press 6
  12. Press Enter

** Currently, the monblanking driver may not blank some laptops, some all-in-one built-in displays, and displays attached with Display Port.   The Hardware Overlay method can only blank one monitor for each graphics card present and also is incompatible with some Radeon graphics drivers.