cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikesaroyan
Active Contributor

Re: "A required certificate is not within its validity period" - eight or more users can't

FYI

Windows 7 machines are able to connect now.

I didn't have to do anything special.

Windy_miller

Re: "A required certificate is not within its validity period" - eight or more users can't

So I too had the "Required certificate is not within its validity period" issue on a Windows 7 machine, and like many others, was using the workaround of setting the date back to the 1st of November.

I trying to get away from that, I followed all the suggestions above from Support, and ended up getting a new error message;

"A certificate chain processed but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider"

So I called support who eventually answered and advised to delete the GTMPC folder in Local Apps, clear the cache and reboot.  Did all that, but still get the same error message, and now, just for good measure, the "date roll back" fix no longer works either!

Support have said they are working on it, and to keep an eye on status.logmeinaccess.com which is saying they are aware there are still issues and they are working on it.  

Anyone got any new workarounds, now that the date roll back one no longer works?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

We have developed an executable for those customers still having issues after the fix was released:

1. Please download this file and run it once on the local (Client) computer that you are connecting from.
  2. Sign into your GoToMyPC account and connect to Host as you always do.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Webis

Glenn.  Do we run that file on the local machine or the host machine?  (The latter obviously requires someone to be at the host)

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Webis, sorry I did not make that clear. You run it on the local (client) computer you are connecting from.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
BamaAce300
New Contributor

Downloading the digicert fixed our issue here. Thanks for the assistance!

HIGS
Visitor

Still getting the same error the past week even after installing that file you attached.

A Certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority.

Any ideas?

HIGS
Visitor

DID NOT WORK.  Same error 7 straight days.....

A Certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority. 

Failed to download Gotomypc from our servers.

Please restart the download or contact Global Customer support. 

Customer service doesnt not exist for GOTOMPC..... it is like we are on our own after paying $$$$$ of money to have access remotely. My entire company is being forced into office because of this!!

awphillips
Active Contributor

I don't know what sort of plan your company is on, but we have had extremely non-technical users interact directly with support to resolve the issue after the initial fixes did not work.  No complaints on that front.

HIGS
Visitor

nov 3rd you said 1-2 hrs and now it is Day #8 ...... 

Can someone with actual 1st hand knowledge of the fix update this page? Or maybe customer service should actually pickup the phone...... how do we get a credit and compensation for down time and lost revenue?