cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melissa1111
New Contributor

"failed to download GoToMyPC from our servers" can you help?

"failed to download GoToMyPC from our servers" can you help?
6 REPLIES 6
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: "failed to download GoToMyPC from our servers" can you help?

Hi Melissa,
I'm sorry for the error message.
Have you tried an alternate web browser or checking any local security settings for a block?

Coffeejunki3
Active Contributor

I am getting the same error message. I have tried using 3 browsers: 

1. Chrome
  2. Firefox
  3. Microsoft Edge

Error 12029.PNG

Same error every time. It was working fine the past week and suddenly got this error. I tried updating and installing Windows updates, but still the same. 

I tried the connection wizard. Same results. I've cleared cache on all my browsers and the PC itself. Negative. 

Maybe my PC is the problem, but I don't have any other PCs or laptop to test. I'm stumped.  😭

Tags (1)
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Coffeejunki3  If your problem persists currently, can you please state the affected GoToMyPC Host software version, and the Client OS version you're using to connect from?

Coffeejunki3
Active Contributor

Unfortunately, I can't check what the Host software version is. I am only the client. and I just access the host computer via gotomypc website. I am using Windows 10.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Coffeejunki3   If you're not sure of the GoToMyPC Host software version, this can sometimes be caused by a block on the new Transport Layer Security method.  See if you can manually update that on your Windows OS if you don't have access to the Host computer and cannot confirm the error from any other devices.

Reference guide:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/plan-design/security/enable-tls-1-2-client

Coffeejunki3
Active Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I just tried logging in from a laptop which also runs on Windows 10. I can log in just fine and did not encounter any error at all. So it's likely that the cause is the current pc I'm using. 

Thanks for the guide. Will definitely try that! I appreciate your help on this. 

Will keep you posted. 🙂