cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

unable to connect to host computer since java update. Help

Since downloading the newest java update I cannot connect to my host pc. It gives me the message unable to connect. Then when I go the computer tab on the left it says it can't connect because it's already running. HELP!
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: unable to connect to host computer since java update. Help

Hi Cynthia,

Are you trying to connect to your Host from a Mac or a PC?
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Here is what appears on the Java download page. I use the Chrome browser on my Mac.

"Chrome does not support Java 7. Java 7 runs only on 64-bit browsers and Chrome is a 32-bit browser.

If you download Java 7, you will not be able to run Java content in Chrome and will need to use a 64-bit browser (such as Safari or Firefox) to run Java content within a browser. Additionally, installing Java 7 will disable the ability to use Apple Java 6 on your system.

I understand the above and want to download Java 7 for Mac OS X (10.7.3 and above)."

This message is not understandable and suggests all sorts of unpleasant results. Please explain what my options are here--I have been running GTMPC just fine on my Mac until now using Chrome, why create these problems? Why force me not to use Chrome?
Highlighted
New Contributor

After trying several things with the help desk I rebooted the HOST computer (not mine) and then it worked fine. So it was not caused by Java although it started immediately after I downloaded the new update...weird. It works now so that's all that matters. Thanks for your help.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Michael, we are in the process of replacing Java as the launch application, but unfortunately Apple released another Java update which has created the current issue. There are 2 options currently:

1. Use Safari to launch the GoToMyPC session, until we remove the need for Java.

2. Enroll in our beta program (available to Personal account holders), which already uses the new launcher instead of Java. http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US...

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have the same issue. I'm not running in Chrome...just need to log in. The message prompted me to download the Java update and I did that...still not working even after reboot of host.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have the same issue. I'm not running in Chrome...just need to log in. The message prompted me to download the Java update and I did that...still not working even after reboot of host.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Kim, are you using a Mac or a PC?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm using an enterprise account and am not wanting to break the Mac Java install by downloading the Java 7 version. What's the anticipated time frame for the availability of using the non-Java launcher from an enterprise account?

—Al McAtee
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Al,

Please have the admin on your enterprise account contact your Account Manager, they can arrange to switch your account to the beta version with the new launcher.