cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Online_Trainer
New Contributor

Audio freeze on classic client. Our customers do not like the new experience.

We are using the classic client for delivering training. Recently, audio will just stop working. The only indication of this is the audio levels stop moving. They just seem to freeze.

We have tried the new experience, but our customers always struggle and we have found the classic experience is a better option.

If the solution is "use the new experience" then our time with GoTo has likely come to an end. Is the classic experience no longer supported?

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Audio freeze on classic client. Our customers do not like the new experience.

Hi @Online_Trainer, welcome to the community.

Sorry for the frustration, can you provide some more details about the audio issues you experienced? How often is this happening? Does it affect everyone in the training session? Is everyone connected using Computer Audio or are some dialed in by telephone as well?

I saw your other post about the lack of a full-screen view for attendees, is that the main issue your attendees are having with the new GoTo App experience, or can you share some more specifics that I can share with the team?  

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Online_Trainer
New Contributor

Re: Audio freeze on classic client. Our customers do not like the new experience.

Hi Glenn,

When I unmute myself after being muted for a period of 15mins or so, there is no audio being transmitted. I have to click "No audio" then back to Computer audio for it to start working again.

I have also had the audio just cut out. On the client, it looks like the transmit bar is frozen.

I have the log from the session if you want me to send it somewhere.

Online_Trainer
New Contributor

The issues we have with the new client are: 

- no fullscreen for the attendees,  around 30% of screens space is wasted on goto borders.

- The experience as an attendee is different from presenter. This makes it hard to guide the attendee to materials ect. With the classic experience, we both see basically the same sort of control panel.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Online_Trainer thanks for your feedback on the app experience. Both of the issues you mention will be addressed soon when we release flexible layout for attendees

Thanks for more information about the audio issue. To help diagnose this issue, could you let us know if you are using a Mac or PC, what OS version are you on, are you using a wired or wireless headset? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training