cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elamaster
Visitor

How to determine the dial-in number and access code programatically

I'm using the GTT API to create sessions and register attendees.  This is also the only method available today to suppress the GTT registration email so that we can send one of our own.  The problem is that I cannot figure out where to get the dial-in information to put into the email to the attendee.  None of the API endpoints seem to return this info (reference: https://developer.goto.com/GoToTrainingV1).  

Through some testing I notice that both the dial in number and access code changes for each session.  However, I cannot find a pattern to them.

Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
elamaster1

Re: How to determine the dial-in number and access code programatically

Here's what support says:

I'm (deleted) from the L3 Tech Team. Currently, there is no API or method to get the dial-in phone number and access code.
You can get it downloading the .ICS file, or once the training is created you can click on the details and you will find all the info under the Audio Tab.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @elamaster, welcome to the community.

The GoTo Training API covers:

• Schedule trainings of one or more sessions
  • Tailor your trainings with panelists, polls, questions and surveys
  • Accept registrations
  • Manage registrants and, once the training starts, attendees
  • View data about historical and future webinars, registrants and attendees

So you can schedule a session and register an attendee, but the email with the attendee's unique join link and the dial-in information is still going to be sent from the GoToTraining email customercare@gototraining.com 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
elamaster
Visitor

The API allows the suppression of the registration email under "disableConfirmationEmail" when doing a POST to https://api.getgo.com/G2T/rest/organizers/{organizerKey}/trainings

{
"name": "string",
"description": "string",
"timeZone": "string",
"times": [
{
"startDate": "2019-08-24T14:15:22Z",
"endDate": "2019-08-24T14:15:22Z"
}
],
"registrationSettings": {
"disableConfirmationEmail": true,
"disableWebRegistration": true
},
"organizers": [
]
}

When you follow that up with a registration to POST https://api.getgo.com/G2T/rest/organizers/{organizerKey}/trainings/{trainingKey}/registrants, you receive back the following:

{
"joinUrl": "string",
"confirmationUrl": "string",
"registrantKey": "string"
}

Th response information can then be passed to the student in a custom registration email. The problem is that the dial-in information is not in these strings, nor visible on the confirmationURL web page. The only way I've been able to find it is to click on the "add to calendar" link and download an ICS file that contains the info or go into the UI manually.

Is there some sort of algorithm to determine what the dial-in number and access code should be for a session? It really should be something returned when the session is created, but all you get is the training key.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

I think you will need to email the developer support directly as we do not cover API support here in the community. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
elamaster
Visitor

Thanks. I'll see what they say and report back.
elamaster1

Here's what support says:

I'm (deleted) from the L3 Tech Team. Currently, there is no API or method to get the dial-in phone number and access code.
You can get it downloading the .ICS file, or once the training is created you can click on the details and you will find all the info under the Audio Tab.