cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emadkhan

I need help deciding a product

Hi,

Basically I have a client who is intending to start a small level online business. 

Project Concept:
There will be Word-press website in which we will offer several e-teaching services e.g. teaching quran, web development or any thing. Each category would have its own instructor virtually available. Now we will register instructors for each category in our website and we will also have the facility that students can also register in our website by paying a fixed amount of money to us. Each course will have its own unique meeting/training link grabbed from 3rd party service provider.

Teaching criteria / What we need:
Our client wishes to have a platform where the instructors can teach their registered students online with facility of audio conferencing, notes, exercises, quizzes, recorded lectures, desktop collaboration, white-board and announcements. This platform would be independent of our Word-press website and shall be used as a 3rd-party service.

Business rules:
  1. Only registered students would be able to join their class and they cannot join any other category class unless they have subscribed to it by paying extra money to us. 
  2. Anonymous persons cannot join any class/training in the platform we would be using as a 3rd-party (means your product either Gotomeeting or Gototraining).
Input required:
  1. My client need a cheaper solution and does not want to invest big amount of money on 3rd Party service provider mentioned in "Teaching criteria section". Please advise me which product should we opt for and what would be its procedure of registration for new instructors (in our site). Also please do mention the limitations of the product you would suggest to me.
  2. PayPal is not accepted in Pakistan, I am clarifying it because I have heard that students can also pay directly in GoToTraining to attend the session but what I want is if they intend to pay an xxxx amount then it should directly transit in our bank account.

Please revert me as soon as possible as we are already loosing time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: I need help deciding a product

Hello, and welcome to the LogMeIn Community!

If integrated payment functionality is something you're most interested in, both GoToTraining and GoToWebinar have this functionality.  The ones you specifically mentioned, "registered students online with facility of audio conferencing, notes, exercises, quizzes, recorded lectures, desktop collaboration, white-board and announcements" are all primary functions of GoToTraining (though we term 'quizzes' 'tests').

Registration is also a requirement of both these services, though we allow for the re-use of a confirmed join-link in case an attendee must switch devices or has a technical problem.  The number of re-uses allowed is just a few.

Here's a full list of GoToTraining features that you may be interested in learning more about, and see if they fit into your LMS needs:  https://www.gotomeeting.com/training/features

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: I need help deciding a product

Hello, and welcome to the LogMeIn Community!

If integrated payment functionality is something you're most interested in, both GoToTraining and GoToWebinar have this functionality.  The ones you specifically mentioned, "registered students online with facility of audio conferencing, notes, exercises, quizzes, recorded lectures, desktop collaboration, white-board and announcements" are all primary functions of GoToTraining (though we term 'quizzes' 'tests').

Registration is also a requirement of both these services, though we allow for the re-use of a confirmed join-link in case an attendee must switch devices or has a technical problem.  The number of re-uses allowed is just a few.

Here's a full list of GoToTraining features that you may be interested in learning more about, and see if they fit into your LMS needs:  https://www.gotomeeting.com/training/features

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!