cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DebraSwank
Active Contributor

New restrictions on storage space for recordings

I now have storage space in my recordings for only one recording.  

The length of my trainings has not changed.  I've had my GoToTraining account for nearly five years, and until recently, have had storage space for numerous recordings of my trainings.  

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  

I contacted Customer Support early this morning, and was advised of an expedited request to address this difficulty, although I haven't yet heard a response.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DebraSwank
Active Contributor

Re: New restrictions on storage space for recordings

Ash,

The problem has been happily and gratefully solved by contacting Customer Support again.   Although My Recordings page listed only one recording, Customer Support advised me to change the date of my search for recordings using the drop-down arrow, then to choose Custom Date Range from 2017.   Using that custom date range, there were several other recordings that popped up from 2019 that I was able to delete, thereby creating more than enough storage space for my needs.    

Am delighted to report that I have no need to contact to sales to purchase more storage - - a good thing during the economic crisis brought to us by COVID-19!  

With kind regards, 

Debra Swank

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Debra,

The storage capacity of 2GB per organizer license also includes shared materials.  If you need to increase this amount then you'll need to contact Sales directly, to arrange an offline, annual contract. 

https://www.gotomeeting.com/training/contact-sales 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Snowman405

2GB per organiser is hardly enough.  Our organisation has gone to online training due to Covid 19.  There is an expectation that our online attendees can review their training.  We are modifying it and are taking out the breaks and introductions.  We currently have 12 training sessions, all need to be cut down. 

We are reconsidering our options as not being able to put up the streamed reduced video content for our participants is a major game changer and we wonder if we have selected the right training platform for our requirements

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Snowman405  There are two options you may consider, including contacting sales to increase your storage capacity, and also switching to GoToWebinar instead, which offers unlimited cloud storage currently. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
DebraSwank
Active Contributor

Hi Ash,

LogMeIn's calculation feature for GoToTraining storage may not be working correctly.  

I currently have only 278 KB of Word documents in my library (equivalent to 0.0002651214599609375 GB), as well as 2.3 MB for one PowerPoint (equivalent to 0.00224609375 GB) , and 217.3 MB for only one recording (equivalent to 0.21220703125 GB) .   As I attempt to solve this problem, my current storage total listed at 1.8 GB doesn't change in response to any item I remove or add.    

I'm using an online calculator to confirm my GoToTraining storage usage.  If 1024KB = 1MB and 1024 MB = 1 GB, how can I now be experiencing new storage restrictions in my nearly 5-year-old account with so few MB and KB listed above? 

As mentioned in my original post on this topic, I previously had numerous recordings stored in my 2GB limit in my GoToTraining account, as well as my usual number of Word documents and one PowerPoint in my library as course materials.  

Please advise if my math calculations are off.  

Debra Swank

DebraSwank
Active Contributor

Ash,

The problem has been happily and gratefully solved by contacting Customer Support again.   Although My Recordings page listed only one recording, Customer Support advised me to change the date of my search for recordings using the drop-down arrow, then to choose Custom Date Range from 2017.   Using that custom date range, there were several other recordings that popped up from 2019 that I was able to delete, thereby creating more than enough storage space for my needs.    

Am delighted to report that I have no need to contact to sales to purchase more storage - - a good thing during the economic crisis brought to us by COVID-19!  

With kind regards, 

Debra Swank