cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Chat Ability for All Attendees

Chat Ability for All Attendees

Can you have attendees in GoToWebinar talk or text "chat" to each other during a live 500 attendee event??

If you can't - PLEASE - change it so they can. It is terrible that there is no way to have the attendees interact with each other -

We have a weekly webinar on the same day, and same time EVERY week. Our clients like to be able to come to the event and interact with each other - and with the GoToMeeting there is no way to do that.

Only the organizer can see the "Questions" from attendees.

Let us know if there are plans to FIX this, thanks!

168 Comments
Allan McKay
other webinar software allows chatting - this is silly, also embarrassing having just hosted a webinar and realized I cannot have my audience interact with each other

it also doesn't mention this when you purchase it either. 
anna2
My name is Anna .i saw you today i became interested,write me mail direct to my mail box so that i well send you my picture for you to know whom i am.OK my private Email here Anna
(annadeborr@hotmail.com)
Joe Hayes
I am adding to the list, we NEED the chat feature.  Glenn Dobson, can you respond to this?  What is the company saying about the addition of this feature.  Should be a simple add.
Jody1
Please, please, please add the chat feature to GoToWebinar. Not only do attendees want to interact with each other, but the presenters (who are not organizers) want direct feedback on questions to their audience.  The chat box would foster more presenter interaction.
Dr. Ohad Hershk
This has been a critical missing feature for us as well in our webinars; wondering if staff can give us a definitive answer as to whether this is being worked on as an addition so we can make an informed decision regarding staying with citrix
Sam Coffman
This is the one reason I am considering NOT purchasing a subscription.  I love GoToMeeting, and GoToWebinar.  I have had 3 other software/accounts and don't like any of them as much as I like GoToWebinar.  However, They ALL have the chat functionality, and this is huge in any good webinar presentation, imo.
Why even have a chat vs. questions at all when the chat doesn't do anything at all?
If you add this, you'll have a new loyal customer.  Everything else about your software and the sound quality rocks.
Tom Nikkola
Jeez. I was hoping I was doing something wrong because I was certain that GTW wouldn't skip the chat feature for the participants. And it looks like that's not going to change based on all the comments and the lack of response. I paid for a year's license two days ago, but I may need to seek a refund. I didn't bother to make sure that chat was part of the system because I never considered it would be available on GTM and not on GTW. Totally sucks, IMO.
Jennifer Edge
we would really like the chat feature - it doesn't make sense that its only for internal folks. This is an engagement feature during presentations.  Participants don't only have questions, but they also have comments. Also, we want to have these shared with the group - it can inspired the group...this is a HUGE need. When can this be? 
Thomas Brandner
I wholly agree to this topic. We absolutly need the possibility to chat. Additionally it would be great to have additional features for interaction. In an earlier version it was possible (for a participant) to click on the screen and everybody saw a colored arrow with his name.
Mel McMurrin1
I often reply to all with "great comment" or something similar to share ideas from an attendee worthy of a broader hearing.  Since they feel included you will see even more great comments appear, but you maintain control of the conversation, so trolls or the perpetually clueless cannot hijack.