cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SDenis_2
Active Contributor

Co-organizer sound randomly stops working

During a recent dry run, we experienced a drop in my moderator's (also a co-organizer) audio.  We each have to log off individually and log back on before the audio issue is resolved. Additionally, we are hearing a reverb (stretching out the words from time to time) in the audio.  Please contact me so I can triage this issue before my webinar next week.

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Co-organizer sound randomly stops working

Hi @SDenis_2 nice to see you, 

• Can you please provide some more details about the co-organizer's setup? How were they connected? 
  • Were you able to reproduce this or was it just that one time? 

Stretching out of words could be an internet issue. Was this experienced by everyone? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
SDenis_2
Active Contributor

Thank you for your response.

When we started our practice run the other day, we were talking before we launched the recording.  At one point, I was not able to hear her, as in mid-sentence, she went dead.  I called her name a couple of times, and she was able to tell me through the chat feature that she could hear me.  She immediately told me that she would log off and log back on to see if it would resolve the issue. I had to do the same, as she still wasn't audible when she logged back in.  Once I logged off and then back on, it resolved the issue.

Both the moderator and I work from home full-time. My moderator has an Ethernet cable, has tested the speed, and has also experienced some word stretching in her audio.  I have fiber optics and push around 800 on my speed. I have not experienced this issue in the 20+ years that I have been conducting virtual sessions.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@SDenis_2  I'm not sure how both of you logging off would resolve her microphone issues, for something like what she was experiencing we would start by troubleshooting her audio/microphone settings.  

I know it might be a hassle but would you want to attempt the dry run again? It may just have been a glitch. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training