cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DariaD
New Contributor

Email settings for Virtual Events

Hi all, 

While setting the parameters for Virtual event, I have realised, that the Emails settings are unavailable for changing. It only allows to change the Name and Email address, but not the frequency or to cancel sending any of emails from GTW.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks for the help!

8 REPLIES 8
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Email settings for Virtual Events

Hi @DariaD welcome to the GoTo Community. It does appear that you are unable to modify the frequency of emails when scheduling a virtual event. Could you share details around the event you are planning? Are there multiple sessions for several days? Will the same attendees be at all events, etc.? There may be other options that I can suggest. Thanks! 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
DariaD
New Contributor

Hi Kate, Thanks for your reply. Correct, I cannot modify the frequency of emails for the virtual event. This is going to be 1-day event, with several sessions following one by one (1 track), the attendees will be the same for all sessions. Currently when I open the Emails block, it shows different options available in general: - Email reply-to - Event reminder email to registrants - Session reminder email to co-ordanozers and speakers - Confirmation email to registrants - Follow-up email to attendees - Follow-up email to absentees. However, the only option that allows to edit data is the first one (setting the Email reply-to address). I'm not sure I'm able to attach the screenshot here, but I will be happy to provide it by email, if you need. Thank you for your help, Best, Daria.
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @DariaD since this is all on the same day, it sounds like you may want to schedule a Webinar with recurring sessions which will allow you to change or cancel the email settings. 

To do this, schedule a live event, then chose under Occurs chose Custom. Under 'Registration Type' choose Register once for all Sessions. You can then add additional sessions. Let me know if that helps, thanks. 

DariaD
New Contributor

Hi @KateG ,

Sadly, the webinar with recurring sessions won't be a good option for our type of event. Since this is a mini- conference, the Virtual Event format fits better, especially for the opportunity to have a landing page.

Is it possible to modify somehow the emails block in Virtual Event?

AnnMarieS
Active Contributor

This is precisely the issue that we ran into last year when we used the Virtual Event option. It's a shame because we were mostly impressed with the rest of the functionality...but the mandatory emails were a pretty substantial issue for us.

mikeseed1
New Contributor

I am facing the same issue. 
We have organised a Virtual Event to run one session over four days. We only want to have a single registration for all of these sessions, not 4 separate registrations. 

We cannot edit or change any of the emails for the registration confirmation/reminder/follow-up. They seem to be locked with no chance to edit them. I have spoken to a support representative and they confirmed that the emails will be sent to all registrations and cannot be stopped/altered. 

Since this issue has been first reported 7 months ago and it still is an issue then I am not confident it will be resolved imminently since we want to now open our registration. 

Can you give an update about the timeline to solving this?

Thanks. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @mikeseed1 welcome to the GoTo Community. 

I checked with the team, and after careful consideration and analysis of user needs, we want to be upfront and transparent with you. Currently, Virtual Event enhancements are not part of our immediate roadmap. Virtual Event email enhancements are still a possibility, but we can't commit to a timeline at this stage. 

I understand that this feature is of interest and importance to you and have shared your feedback with the team. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate these decisions. Please continue to share your thoughts and suggestions with us. 

mikeseed1
New Contributor

Hi @KateG 

Thanks for the clarity on your position. 

I would argue that the problem is more fundamental than "email enhancements". Currently it is impossible to stop emails being sent automatically to registrants and no way to edit those emails templates. That is a fundamental use-case that is not supported with Virtual Events, more than just an "enhancement". 

I don't see why the functionality for Virtual Events should be any different to that which you already offer with the standard webinar, but that is your decision. 

From our point of view, we will have to look at another platform to satisfy our future webinar needs.

Thanks

Mike