cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mediateca
Active Contributor

Practice mode gives co-organizers too much power.

Hi,

We have had a situation where a webinar attracted som much interest that outpassed our atendees limit and made the speakers unable to join in.

In order to avoid that from happening again we started to use the "Practice mode", but that forces us to grant them "Co-organizers status" wich in turn, makes it possible for them to accidentally end the meetings.... and they have done that twice already.... Smiley Sad

As you might guess, we hardly have recurring speakers, so hardly any speaker gets to grow savvy enough with GTW.

We actually perform a training session a couple of days prior to every webinar, but even then these mistakes are happening....

Is there any better way we could do this?

If not, is there any chance this could be addressed in an update rather soon than later?

Thanks.

Rod.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Practice mode gives co-organizers too much power.

I never use Practice mode, but I assume that Panelists can enter the Practice room as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Why do you make them a Co-Organizer?  I always make my presenters Panelists, where they can do much less damage to the webinar,

mediateca
Active Contributor

Hi Chris

According to the Docs we've read, that allows them to enter the Practice room and thus guarantee that they will be able to enter before the atendees and not get locked out of the event (we`ve run out of "seats" in one ocassion).

Perhaps we misunderstood the docs?

Regards.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I never use Practice mode, but I assume that Panelists can enter the Practice room as well.

mediateca
Active Contributor

Thank you @Chris Droessler 

Indeed they can.  It is clear now that we misinterpreted the Docs.

Cheers!