cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julieswork
Active Contributor

Problems with bulk upload of registrants

I am having problems uploading a list of bulk registrants. I used the template from GoToWebinar, saved the file as a .csv and have tried uploading it 3 times. Each time it appears to go through, but then I receive an email message telling me there was a problem with the bulk registration.

My company's email is tomorrow and I need to have these 1,000+ names added. The file is only 65 kb so I don't think it's too big.

Working in Chrome, btw.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julieswork
Active Contributor

Re: Problems with bulk upload of registrants

Yes, that's what I used.  Apparently the problem was the accent marks in the names -- even dashes and periods in names.  I had to open my spreadsheet in Notepad, then save it as a an UTF-8 file, then open it again in Excel then save as a .csv. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
markusedit
Active Contributor

Hi,

Can you please check it:

- if there only 3 columns the first is: First Name, Last Name, Email address

- there are no special characters like: /; _

- the file format is csc (coma separated UTF8)

markusedit
Active Contributor

csv comma separated

julieswork
Active Contributor

Yes, that's what I used.  Apparently the problem was the accent marks in the names -- even dashes and periods in names.  I had to open my spreadsheet in Notepad, then save it as a an UTF-8 file, then open it again in Excel then save as a .csv. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@julieswork  If the errors persist Customer Support can help manually uploading the registrants to the scheduled webinar.  Just make sure the registration settings only require First, Last Name and Email address. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
julieswork
Active Contributor

Unfortunately this solution isn't working for me again today.  I just sent back a ticket because this is halting productivity for me.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@julieswork  OK, please let us know if your issue remains unresolved. 

jdemaria

It's 2022.  Please make improvements to this bulk import process.  Like the original poster, I have 1000+ contacts that I'm trying to bulk register and I can't.  There is no detail on the records that have errors.  Why not just copy paste?  There is a hundred ways to do this, the the simple solution GTW developed is half baked. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@jdemaria  Sorry to hear about the errors there.  Can you try uploading two smaller batches, using only First, Last, and Email as the data points? 

aos

I would like Customer Support to help me manually upload all the registrants to my own scheduled webinar. I am not seeing the bulk registration button in the About Section of My upcoming webinar edit page. Why is that? I need to upload registrants from the Google Sheets page which I have downloaded as my CSV file, before the webinar day and time. Kindly help out! Thanks. 

I want to upload my upcoming webinar attendees lists on  "Form Responses 2" and "Feedback" from this Google sheets; xxxxx to my Canada Immigration webinar coming up on Saturday. I would appreciate you help out with it.