cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheAcademy
New Contributor

Recorded events - avoid end time

Hi, 

We want to make some of our live webinars available for reviewing afterwards as a recorded event (so we can keep track of who and how many times the recording has been viewed). Problem is that you have to set an end-time, and that you cannot choose an end time like in over a year; it is possible to keep it for a couple of months, but not longer. Problem with this is that after the deadline, I suppose that the link will not work anymore as the event will not be available anymore. How can we solve this, so that interested people will be able to use one link for the recorded event now and in a year (or later), instead of having to create a new link every couple of months? 

Thank you in advance. 

KR,

Sofie 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Recorded events - avoid end time

Hi Sofie,

If you're using Cloud Recording and attaching this to the webinar post-broadcast (the default behavior currently), then the registration link will remain active for 1 year and lead all late attendees to the recorded session. 

If you are instead using the cloud recording link itself or GoToStage then there is currently no expiration date for these.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Recorded events - avoid end time

Hi Sofie,

If you're using Cloud Recording and attaching this to the webinar post-broadcast (the default behavior currently), then the registration link will remain active for 1 year and lead all late attendees to the recorded session. 

If you are instead using the cloud recording link itself or GoToStage then there is currently no expiration date for these.

Scott_Brown_LSM
Active Contributor

Registration page POST (after) the event - how long active

I am unable to find out how long after my event has taken place (completed or what they call Past Events), the https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/######## address associated with the event will stay active?

That might seem like a strange question, but I have a legal requirement to keep that page up (or to continue to use that URL)  and available for 2 weeks after my event.

I'll need to change the information on that page post event as well, is there a restriction on that or just edit as normal, as you would before the event took place. 

Thank you.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Registration page POST (after) the event - how long active

@Scott_Brown_LSM  The way it works currently, your original registration link should last at least 1 year when it is linked to a cloud recording of the live broadcast.  New registrants will be taken to the recording after completing all the required questions (assuming you have the event set for automatic approval).