cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simone1
Active Contributor

Recording does not show presentation filling up all the screen space

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem with a GotoWebinar recording:

The recording shows a smaller presentation view which does not fill in the whole screen space:

Smaller view of the slides in the middleSmaller view of the slides in the middle

This is unlike previous recordings which normally show the presentation filling in the full screen space:

Presentation filling up all the spacePresentation filling up all the space

If someone has indeed experienced this, is there something that can be done to restore it

Or, at least something to be done to prevent this happening again in the future?

Thanks in advance  - any advice will be very much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Recording does not show presentation filling up all the screen space

I always share an entire screen rather than an individual application.  If I present a wide-format PowerPoint show on my old-fashioned 4x3-ratio monitor, there are black bars above and below.  At the office, where I cannot work right now, I have a wider monitor that fits the PowerPoint better.  When I present a webinar from that computer/monitor combination, there is no black border around the video image.

You might try sharing an application, like PowerPoint, rather than an entire screen.  It might be better or worse.  You could set up a test GoToWebinar and look at the result logged in to another computer.

You can crop out the black bars with most video editor/converter tools.  I use Apple Compressor, which allows me to drag lines to where I want to crop the image. Then the resulting video does not have the black areas outside of the program material. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Were both of those from the same computer with the same Presenter?

It depends on the size, shape, and resolution of what you are sharing.  Usually you get black bands above and below or to the sides of the image.  Sometimes they are all around like you got.  Try reshaping the image you are sharing.

Simone1
Active Contributor

Hi @Chris Droessler 

Thanks for your prompt comment.

No, these are two screenshots of recordings of webinars by different presenters, different computers.

So if I understand correctly, this depends on the resolution of what the presenter is sharing?

Do you know if there is an ideal resolution that I could let my speakers know, so this is avoided in the future?

(No worries at all if you don't know, this was already very helpful for me to understand the cause of the problem!)

Cheers,

Simone

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I always share an entire screen rather than an individual application.  If I present a wide-format PowerPoint show on my old-fashioned 4x3-ratio monitor, there are black bars above and below.  At the office, where I cannot work right now, I have a wider monitor that fits the PowerPoint better.  When I present a webinar from that computer/monitor combination, there is no black border around the video image.

You might try sharing an application, like PowerPoint, rather than an entire screen.  It might be better or worse.  You could set up a test GoToWebinar and look at the result logged in to another computer.

You can crop out the black bars with most video editor/converter tools.  I use Apple Compressor, which allows me to drag lines to where I want to crop the image. Then the resulting video does not have the black areas outside of the program material. 

Simone1
Active Contributor

Hi @Chris Droessler 

Thank you very much indeed, this is very helpful! 🙂