cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephaniebryk
Active Contributor

Re: Tips for running a four hour long webinar?

We ran a webinar like this the other day. We had two 2-hour sessions with a 1 hour break in between. I just paused the recording.  I called GoTo ahead of time and the rep said if we wanted 2 recordings then we'd have to have 2 different webinars/2 links.  Attendees woul then have to log out and log back in for part 2.  I believe the higher leve platforms of GoTo offer the option to edit your recording, though I'm not sure what the exact capabilities are.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

The higher level of GoToWebinar will let you edit the space out of the beginning and middle of a webinar.  It will still be one long recording.

I run long webinars and download the recording and cut it into pieces using my own video editor. I then upload the separate pieces/sessions to the GoTo cloud.  I get the individual registration links for each part of the webinar and post those for all to see.

Here is an example web page for a two-day, 8-hours each day, webinar held earlier this week.  There was one registration link for day one and a second registration link for day two.  This is the web page where I posted the speaker handouts as well as the links to the individual recordings.

https://www.ncperkins.org/course/view.php?id=71 

dangyal
New Contributor

Great thread, I have similar questions, beacuse not only the video but also attendance seems to be only calculated by session on the analytics page even under advanced reporting.

However, there is nothing agains simply ending the webinar and relaunching it again, this would trigger a new recoding, and possibly calculate attendance separately, this is what my test runs show, correct?

Of course attendees would need to reconnect,  but is well commincated, this shouldn't be an issue, if they didn't notice why they were cut off, they would click join again anyway. Anyone did something similar before? Thank you!

JHB
Frequent Contributor

I never assign Panelists to the webinar ahead of the webinar.  I always have them register as a regular Attendee, and then I promote them before they need to speak. 

For mine, I always start in PRACTICE mode so that all staff can hear and see without any earlybird attendees online. So I do pre-assign panelist roles. (In practice mode, attendees are not in the session yet - are invisible to you- so you can't promote even if one tried to join early.)

folks might share that Join Link they got in the email with others.  ....will have multiple instances of the same name, and only one of them is the actual presenter.  

We tell people NOT to share, but if they do - I usually send the duplicate a real panelist invitation and have them re-enter. If there' s not time for that, I ask one of them to update the display name.  We frequently change display names. For instance, if conducting a webinar from a conference room where multiple people are speaking using conference phone, we'll rename the the connection "XYZ Team" instead of one person's name.

JHB
Frequent Contributor

oops - duplicate posting