cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AESP
New Contributor

Re: Webcam positioning for presenters

Thank you for your quick response! Sorry if I wasn't clear; I actually meant moving the image of the presenter on the screen during the webinar. Currently, the presenter's face appears to the left of the presentation. Is there a way to move the presenter's face to other locations on the screen?
All of our presenters are remote and we don't have any control over their webcams.
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

The Attendees have control over on which side of the shared image the webcam shows.

If you want complete control over the placement of your webcam and the shared image, here is what I have done:

1. First, set up your PowerPoint by going to Setup Slide Show. Select the button next to "Browsed by an individual (window)."  What that does is runs the PowerPoint show in a window that can be resized rather than showing it full screen.
  2. BEFORE you start the webinar, if you are on a Mac, open Quicktime Player. From the File menu, select "New Movie Recording. This should open a window with your webcam in it. I am sure there is a similar video recording program on Windows that will allow you to ope  a window that will show your webcam in a window.
  3. You have to do this BEFORE you start the webinar. If not, then GTW will take hold of the webcam and not let you use it with QuickTime.
  4. You can now resize the two windows. You can resize and arrange the webcam image window and the PowerPoint image window.
  5. Share the entire display/monitor with the GoToWebinar audience.
  6. In order to advance the slides, the PowerPoint show window has to be in front of the QuickTime window. This does not mean they have to overlap.  Click once on that window to bring it to the front.  The keyboard and mouse work with whichever window is in front.
AESP
New Contributor

Thank you so much, I'll definitely try these steps out!