cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Disable After Session Video

@JensPF  I'm afraid the default behavior is to automatically link the cloud recording with the follow up for attendees.  There is no way to disable the behavior at this time. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
JensPF
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. We do not send a follow-up email, yet do see views on the videos.

I believe if the video is recorded online the the registration page stays online after the event ended, and new registrants are sent to the video. There needs to be a way to disable that.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Open your webinar in the GoToWebinar dashboard.

In the Registration section, find After Session Video.  Click the Video link and disable the associated video. 

You could instead add a link to a corporate video that folks who register after the end of the webinar see.

Menk
New Contributor

Make a webinar on-demand once the Live webinar completes.

Hi,

We have a use case where we want to host a live webinar and will share webinar registration links via our own customized emails weeks before its scheduled with our users.
As soon as our session of the Live webinar is over, we want the users to still be able to watch the webinar on demand using the same registration link which was shared with them earlier through email to watch the recording of the live session.
We will be using GOTOwebinar APIs to fetch the attendees and registrants of the webinar live session and the on demand recording later.

I understand that we have simulated live option where we can create another event and add the recording from the live webinar as an on demand event. But in this process the registration link shared with the users will change and we do not want that as the emails would already be sent. Is there any way to create a live session which will then  be converted to an ondemand session Or can two events have same link somehow?
Our goal is to share just a single registration link with the user where he can join a live  in person session and incase he missed that can watch recorded version of it on demand. 

Could you give us ideas if we are missing out on something here.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!
Menk Sareen

hartman_fvtc
Active Contributor

Disallow Viewing of Recording Webinars

We currently use the online storage for the recording of our webianrs, but we do not want folks to use the raw video as our final product. I noticed that folks are able to get at the recordings and register to watch them and view them. How are they doing this and how do I "disallow" this feature? I want to drive them to our webinar library on our website, which also will have the handout, transcript, and captioned version of the webinar. I have checked all the settings and cannot see anyplace that I have "allowed" a recoding to be viewed by anyone but me.

Wendy

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Disallow Viewing of Recording Webinars

After a webinar I always download the recording, then delete the raw recording.  I edit the recording and upload it, then link it to the webinar and email messages.

Why do you still have the raw recordings, or are you calling something else the raw recording?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Make a webinar on-demand once the Live webinar completes.

Hi @Menk 

The After Session Video feature will do this for you. If the organizer is using the cloud recording feature, the recording of the webinar will automatically be selected. You can read more here https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/add-an-after-session-video

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Menk
New Contributor

Hi @GlennD ,

Thanks for your reply. I wanted to know 2 things here:

1. Will this work for new registrants? Like once the live webinar is over, Can new users register using the registration link shared with them earlier and watch the webinar recording ? I believe this feature is only for those registrants who registered earlier but could not watch the webinar in session. But our use case allows attendees to come in any time after the webinar and watch it (on demand).

2. Does the recording viewers go into the attendees? We want to get all viewers as our attendees?

Let us know in case there is any other way possible. Or if add video after session will work as on demand video and we will be able to fetch the attendees through developer APIs. 

Thanks!
Menk.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Menk,

Yes, people registering after the live webinar will be taken to the recording and their registrations will go into your reports. I highly recommend our training resources for new GoToWebinar customers. https://embark.logmeininc.com/#gotowebinar

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
hartman_fvtc
Active Contributor

Re: Disallow Viewing of Recording Webinars

Chris,

Thank you for the reply, but I use the cloud storage option to keep the original full recordings. I do download them to edit and caption, etc. but somehow others are able to access the recordings. I am trying to understand how they are able to do that since I never released the link to the recording to anyone.