cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bechammond
Active Contributor

Why can't Presenters join from no-download, browser-based when using Webcast?

Hi, I have issues with external presenters when using webcast. They can not download the desktop app, due to security protocol for their company. From what I have researched, they can't join ivia web if I am using webcast. 

Problem is, I need to use Webcast, as some of my attendees can't download the app and need to access via web. 

Any ideas? How can I get around this??

They joined as an attendee (webcast webinar) but I can't promote to presenter. 

Thanks for your help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Why can't Presenters join from no-download, browser-based when using Webcast?

Hi @bechammond Welcome to the GoTo Community.

At this time, panelists and co-organizers have more features than just sharing their screen like answering questions and launching Polls, etc. so they have to join through the desktop software. The new GoTo App version should change that in the future. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Why can't Presenters join from no-download, browser-based when using Webcast?

Hi @bechammond Welcome to the GoTo Community.

At this time, panelists and co-organizers have more features than just sharing their screen like answering questions and launching Polls, etc. so they have to join through the desktop software. The new GoTo App version should change that in the future. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Corina1
New Contributor

Re: Why can't Presenters join on their phone for a Webcast via the new GoTo App

I ran a webinar yesterday where we changed the webinar to a webcast, as it made it easier for people to join in Africa who are not tech savvy.

This caused major problems as the presenter who at the last moment had to join from his phone, was not allowed to join as a panelist, via the new GoTo App. I could also not let him join as an attendee and bump him up to a panelist, and then grant him access to a mic.

We had a dry run the day before in a normal GoTo webinar environment and all worked fine, but the moment we changed to a Webcast there were issues. 

I searched for information regarding this and could find none. I frantically contacted the GoTo Support Team, and they firstly told me the incorrect information and then later told me - apologies, but panellists are not supported on the GoTo App. and the older GoToWebinar app is no longer available.

The presenter ended up having to call in via WhatsApp and I had to hold my phone to a microphone and had to change his slides.  I also ended up losing my client and future business from them. 

The GoTo Support team sent me a link that shows mobile feature comparisons between the GoTo App and the classic version App, and nowhere does it mention my panelist problem. 

https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/mobile-feature-comparison

What I am also concerned about is that on the comparison list there is not check mark that tells me if attendees can participate in poll questions on the new GoTo App on mobile. 

My questions:

1) Why can panellists join a classic webinar via the mobile GoTo App, but cannot join a Webcast via the GoTo App

2) will this change in future and how soon - as many presenters in Africa need to join via their mobiles. 

3) Why was the GoToWebinar mobile App discontinued, if the GoTo App is not yet fully ready and can support all the features of the old GoTo Webinar App

4) Will Attendees be able to see and participate in poll questions on their mobile phones, as there is no answer on your information that was shared. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Why can't Presenters join on their phone for a Webcast via the new GoTo App

Hi @Corina1

Sorry for the frustration. Standard and Webcast webinars are built differently, the team is working on improving webcast support in the mobile app currently. I do not have a specific ETA I can share right now, but it is on the roadmap for this year and I've reached out to the team for an update. 

In regard to the Classic mobile apps for GoTo Meeting, Webinar and Training, my understanding is they were going to require significant development effort to keep them compatible. As we were already working towards a single app for all of our services it did not make sense to pause work on the new GoTo mobile app in order to keep the Classic mobile apps working for a short time. 

Attendees using the new GoTo mobile app can answer Poll questions in a webcast, I have tested this myself today.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training