cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeanSmith
Active Contributor

closed caption

I was practicing with GTW so see how webcast looked and worked for an attendee....I used a previous powerpoint to simulate sharing a screen...and i had closed captioning on the screen.  Ok, so that was weird.  

As presenter - my desktop was set up as I would usually do for a webinar.  I has a different desktop device to act as the attendee. I muted the mic cause the closed captioning freaked me out a bit.  Then closed captioning displayed that the audio was too low to display.

Any idea where the closed captioning came from?  If webcast provides closed captioning, i would probably switch all of our events to webcast instead of webinars. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: closed caption

Hi @JeanSmith nice to see you. The closed caption is coming from the Power Point and is often used by customers to enable closed captions. You should check your Power Point settings to disable the feature. We anticipate that Closed Caption will be available natively soon and will update the Community once it's available. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @JeanSmith nice to see you. The closed caption is coming from the Power Point and is often used by customers to enable closed captions. You should check your Power Point settings to disable the feature. We anticipate that Closed Caption will be available natively soon and will update the Community once it's available. 

alessiafuoco

Hello, we would also need closed captioning. While I understand that this feature is underway, it is disappointing that accessibility is not prioritized here. I have gone in circles trying to find a third party solution, and it seems GoTo Webinar is unable to provide any guidance to such a solution. (I have contacted customer support a few times about this, and they were unable to assist). The least GoTo Webinar can do is find a good third-party application to recommend to clients to provide a solution in the meantime. I was told that I need to find an application myself, and put in a product suggestion on this forum. Does not seem like GoTo Webinar is interested in helping us out here at all.  It is this kind of service that has me looking into cancelling our partnership with GoTo Webinar and move over to zoom. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@alessiafuoco welcome to the GoTo Community. I do hear your valuable feedback on the need for closed captions, this will be passed on to the team. In the meantime, you can try PowerPoint and Google Slides for real-time closed captions.